Brazilian Waxing during pregnancy?

Yingver07

Hi, i was wondering is it safe to do brazilian waxing throughout the whole pregnancy? Now tummy still small so i can DIY still but when tummy grows bigger i'm not able to DIY.

ysyishan

I think should be safe, i'm five months pregnant and just went for waxing few days ago. I intend to wax before I deliver so the hair will not get in the way for episiotomy.

Yingver07

I think should be safe, i'm five months pregnant and just went for waxing few days ago. I intend to wax before I deliver so the hair will not get in the way for episiotomy.
Yea..saw some post that if you dont have the habit of waxing or shaving, before delivery the nurse will shave for you.

Anyway i called up STRIP to enquire, they say so long as we're at 2nd trimester we're safe :001_302:

I did it around one mth before my edd back than. Waxing is much better than shaving cos the hair grows back like within the next few days for shaving! Imagine if u natural birth, below heavy mensus plus the stitching wounds still raw n yr hair's growing, all spiky n ticklish, super uncomfortable!

Rukia

I am also considering of going for waxing before delivery. The regrowth after shaving always make me itch. Cant imagine it being itchy while still w the episiotomy wound.

icklepickle

i couldnt find much recent recommendation so i just went to ST**P and the therapist was fantastic - wasn't as painful as i rem from pre-pregnancy.

I did when i was 3month+ pregnant, everything was good! Can recommend the salon you babes went? The one i went previously was closed down alr, and I called up a few to enquire but they don't do preggers. :(

mangobees

Actually it is only a must to shave if you go for c sect. For natural usually they will only shave a part to cater for episiotomy. But it is best to confirm with your gynae. If you go for natural birth, trust me, that bit of regrowth won't even bother you when you heal. I had sleepless nights over this and in the end i cfm w my gynae and decided not to go for a wax since my down there was already quite sore...didn't need more pain in my life. Lol!

Hair or not, that would really be the last thing on your mind besides the pain, breastfeeding, exhaustion and a crying newborn. I also considered hygiene when you have lochia but noooo, in reality, hair was the last thing on my mind.

Last edited: