Breakfast idea for 1 year old baby

sjchan

My baby girl is turning to 1 year old in next month. Currently she drink 4x milk (early morning, mid morning, mid afternoon, before sleep),2x solids food (Lunch, Dinner) and some snacks/fruits as well. During weekend, I’ll give her cereal + fruits as breakfast. I’m thinking to start breakfast for her to replace her mid morning milk intake. Other than cereal and fruits, any idea to make a simple healthy breakfast for 1 year old baby? Preferably finger food so that my baby girl can feed by herself when she was taken care by babysitter during working day. My mum advise me not giving her bread because bread not good for baby (Actually I don’t why she say that the yeast inside bread not good).

MichelJone

Hello Friends,

By the time they are one year old, most infants are getting used to having solid foods in their diet, relying less on milk for their nutritional needs. Breakfast is a good opportunity to experiment with foods that will be satisfying, healthful and enjoyable for this age group. It's important to provide variety and to make sure the bites are small enough for a small child to swallow easily.

Oatmeal is an excellent choice for a one-year-old's breakfast, but it's better to make regular oatmeal rather than the instant kind, which tends to be flavored and have a lot of sugar. It's also better to make the child's oatmeal with milk instead of water. Infants at this age should be given whole milk instead of reduced fat varieties because they are growing quickly and need the calories, according to MedlinePlus, the website of the National Institutes of Health. To sweeten oatmeal, add applesauce, other fruit puree or bananas. You also can add raisins, but it's best to soak these first and mash them with a fork.

Best Wishes
Michel Jone

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Avent Malaysia[/FONT]