breast in pain :-(

baby pann nu

I have been EBM my 4 months old boy and things go smooth. but two days ago, my pump breaks down and I have to hand express EBM for two days. Then today when I woke up, my right side is very sore ( whole breast and nipple ) and pain like hell. I can't touch it anymore. There is no harden part or block duct in breast. I think the pain is due to the hard hand expression that cause breast vein to sore. now my breasts are engorged and the pain is killing me. I can't pump or express. My boy doesn't like to latch on as well. Any medicine to apply for or any way to cure it. Help.. :embarrassed:

Jacelyn Diong

Dear baby, I think u should get someone to buy a china cabbage (big size) for u... Take out few leaf and put into frozen..take out and put it on your breast until cabbage leaf become soft or no cool anymore.. Change it twice or more than that until ur breast relief from painful... After that try to pump out some breast milk a bit...

but be warn that cold cabbage mighy cause a drastic drop in milk supply.

u need to buy a new or second hand pump if u intend to ebm for another few more months down the road.

and i too think that the soreness came from hard hand expression. u might be expressing too hard, no further squeezing, just compress will do.

[h=2]breast in pain :-([/h]For me i guess i will take pain reliever to prevent and i will ask or visit my doctor so she can give me some prevention.