breast pump

joanneang

hi mummies,

i brought pigeon BPA free millk bottle, can i use diff brand of breast pump instead of pigeon? i saw tollyjoy breast pump cum with a bottle, so can i pump out my breastmilk in e tollyjoy bottle n pour them out n stored in my pigeon milk storage bag? if can, will there be any "wind" in my breastmilk?

allycat

Sure, that's what I'm doing as well. I'm not using the bottles that came along with the pump all the time.

Depending on when the EBM is to be used, I either store it in the bottle used for expressing or into a milk bag.

adelynn

yes of course you can. There are many ways of storing BM:
- Milk bags (i usually transfer after express and before i seal, i squeeze the air out and lie flat to freeze for space saver)
- Milk Trays (these are in sticks of 30ML/1oz; i use them to save space in my constraint freezer)
- glass bottles (i gave up using these after awhile, tends to use up more space and more wastage as different pumps of the day i get different amounts and i pump more than what my girl drinks each feed)

shiyi

yes y not.. i use medela pump n pump it directly into avent bottle.. so can directly feed the bottle to bb without having to pour here pour there..

camom

Yes, so long as the bottles screw on perfectly with the pump. I use Pigeon with my Ameda pump.

Zoey Kasey

hi mummies,

i brought pigeon BPA free millk bottle, can i use diff brand of breast pump instead of pigeon? i saw tollyjoy breast pump cum with a bottle, so can i pump out my breastmilk in e tollyjoy bottle n pour them out n stored in my pigeon milk storage bag? if can, will there be any "wind" in my breastmilk?

There are many ways of storing breast milk after pumping although most mothers would opt for milk bags since it takes up the least amount of space in the fridge/freezer. Other mothers would also prefer glass bottles because of their fear of toxins in plastic bottles, especially after rounds of sterilizing.