BreastFeed

jojoki

for me, i specially requested to my gynae and midwives that i wanted to bf the instant the baby came out, even BEFORE he was carried away to be dried, cleaned up and weighed (these hospital procedures can wait). My boy was rooting and able to suckle from the start. we let him suckle for a good 10-15 minutes while my gynae delivered the placenta, waited till the umbilical cord had stopped pumping before getting my hubby to cut it, and until the gynae felt baby should get a little warmed up (as the delivery ward was very cold).
i had wanted to do dat too but bcos i was diabetic they needed to send baby to check glucose n pressure.. so I couldnt bfeed right away.. but anyway Netanya could suckle very well.. i bfed her about an hour after delivery.

still bfeeding her now at 15 mths ....

jennyk

Hi Wendy & mummies

I am breastfeeding my baby for the 2nd month. but now my BM is like only sufficient for bb direct latch on. But when I use the pump, can only managed to get less than 80 ml.. Can someone advise me how to increase milk supply? As I am returning work in a week's time. and don't wish to stop BF...

Many Thanks.

Can eat more fish.... & Green papaya soup...

camom

So baby can be drinking "air" if there isn't any production har? How the nurse know whether is the baby full from the 1st latch in the delivery ward? The nurse can't see whether you have anything flowing out for the baby right? haha.. Baby will keep crying if not full?
Nope, if u try unlatching ur bb will he/she is suckling, u will know how strong the latch is. It's like a vaccum in there.

apollo

Hi Wendy & mummies

I am breastfeeding my baby for the 2nd month. but now my breast milk is like only sufficient for baby direct latch on. But when I use the pump, can only managed to get less than 80 ml.. Can someone advise me how to increase milk supply? As I am returning work in a week's time. and dont't wish to stop BF...

Many Thanks.
latching on is the best way to increase and maintain supply =)

soapsoap

Hi Wendy & mummies

I am breastfeeding my baby for the 2nd month. but now my breast milk is like only sufficient for baby direct latch on. But when I use the pump, can only managed to get less than 80 ml.. Can someone advise me how to increase milk supply? As I am returning work in a week's time. and dont't wish to stop BF...

Many Thanks.
drink lot of fluid and pump more, u will increase ur supply.

whenever i try to express for one full day, i will have alot supply for he next few day if i continue to pump

rubberseed

How soon can we BF after we gave birth?? Thanks.:wong19:
do also let the nurses know before hand that you want to BF. If for whatever reason you are not able to BF immediately after birth, you can either tell the nurse:
1) to feed baby glucose water
2) to feed baby formulae in a cup

If you are staying in a single room, let the baby stay with you and latch baby on as frequently as you can. If you are on epidural, your baby might be very sleepy. Wake him/her up and latch on.

If you are having difficulty with BF, seek the lactation consultant advice or attend their classes/clinc sessions.