Breastfeeding but not losing weight??!!

budgetmoms

I've been breastfeeding but haven't lost any weight since my baby was 2mths old (He's almost 10nths now!). I managed to lose 10kg (from 14.5kg that I gained) but the 4.5kg still stay!! I have started jogging but very little weight loss!....sigh.... Any other mothers experience this? I thought breastfeeding will make me lose weight fast...? :tconfused:

Carole

ME! I "breastfed" (pump out and feed) for 6 months. Same like you.. didn't manage to lose the last 5 kg. I had to resort to replacement meals before I lost the remaining 5 kg. I gained abt 30kg. Alot of it was water. kekekeke.

budgetmoms

Wah Carole, you managed to lose all the 30kg?!?! Not bad!! Were you breasfeeding while dieting? I'm still breastfeeding and can't go for strict diet cos my milk supply will decrease....sigh...

Mum2Matty

Sigh.. I eat like nobody's biz cos kept getting hungry. I didn't manage to lose any weight. Last time small size... now almost L size already!

budgetmoms

Ya lah. So not all mummies will have the 'luxury' of losing weight while breastfeeding....sigh....But I've heard that some mummies only start shedding their weights off automatically when they've stopped breastfeeding....still got hope...!!!

Ting

i nvr BF, but i lost all the weight i gained, n even more than i shld...hehe.

PrettiBlossom

hi mummies,

i also have this problem too...gave birth for about 9 months but still not back to my usual weight, and i'm fully breastfeeding :(. How ????

stonston

i lost all my weight 2 wks after delivering....but put on after confinement ended (i din like confinement food, so ate v little)....

now still bf, weight is stagnant....

actualli if still tbf, dunnid to worry abt not losing all e weight...cos usualli when stop bf, will lose some weight...now ur brain is telling ur body cannot lose weight cos must keep spare for e milk.....but when no milk, body will naturally start losing there spare away.....

JenLee98

Same here.... not losing the extra 5 kg after delivering 5+ mths ago. Still breastfeeding about 75%. Eating normally but not much time for exercise as b4 preggy.:frown:

Simplyher

Girls..
Some of you really have great determination to lose weight I mean dieting while breastfeeding?!! Wow, kudos to you. Breastfeeding do make us hungry if I recall correctly. What I did was to drink more water and eat fruits. I breastfed my 2nd one for 2 and half years and I lost about 20 kg. Breastfeeding does help in shrinking your tummy I read it somewhere.
Breastfeeding mothers .be patience, I'm sure those extra kilos will melt away eventually.

stonston

actualli if u wanna bf, u should not tink of dieting cos it means u r depriving ur bb off precious nutrients fm ur BM....

wanna BF means mus sacrifice abit lo....when stop bf le then can diet all u want....
but when u bf n exercise, sure lose weight v fast...plus i find tt when i return to exercising, my boobs r more firm (not lao lao) cos i exercise e chest muscles more.....

cindyzin

actualli if u wanna bf, u should not tink of dieting cos it means u r depriving ur bb off precious nutrients fm ur BM....

wanna BF means mus sacrifice abit lo....when stop bf le then can diet all u want....
but when u bf n exercise, sure lose weight v fast...plus i find tt when i return to exercising, my boobs r more firm (not lao lao) cos i exercise e chest muscles more.....
kudos to that and when you diet the quality of milk will be affected. I still have about 3-4kg to lose to get back to my pre-preggo weight my son will be a yr old on 22nd sept. I'm feeding him almost exclusively. I've heard that your body will store the fat just in case for milk production.
You should only try to lose weight after you are done with breastfeeding. The consequence of dieting while BFing is your baby suffer from the lack of nutritious milk.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I still have 10kg from bb no. 1.... wondering how long it will 'hang' around. LOL!

But I have to say that I really don't watch what I eat so that doesn't help.

DodoTan

I still have 10kg from bb no. 1.... wondering how long it will 'hang' around. LOL!

But I have to say that I really don't watch what I eat so that doesn't help.
I'm exactly like that too. Gained 20kg during pregnancy, lost 10kg after delivery. Am breastfeeding but supplementing with formula cos not enough BM. Weight hasn't changed since delivery.