Breastfeeding Friendly Obstetricians & Gynaecologists.

elaine01

hi mummies,

As abovementioned. Should you consult any of them, you may want to mention that a counsellor from the Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group referred you to him/her.:tlaugh:

Obstetrician/Gynaecologist:

Dr G.V. Nair
Parkway Women & Fertility Clinic
80 Marine Parade Road #05-04 Parkway Parade
S(449269)

Dr Kek Lee Phin 67323433
Gyneacology Associates Women’s Medical Ctr
2 Mt Elizabeth #12-18
Mt Elizabeth Medical Centre S(228510)

Dr Anne Hagarty
Women’s Health Professionals Pte Ltd
290 Orchard Road #09-01/02 The Paragon, S(238889)

Dr Jothi Kumar
Gleneagles Hospital Annexe
O&G Partners clinic for Women
6A Napier Road #01-38 (258500)

Dr Yong Tze Tien
SGH
O&G Dept, SGH
Outram Road S(169608)

Dr Bertha Woon
Bertha Woon General and Breast Surgery
Gleneagles Medical Centre #07-07
6 Napier Road (258499)

priscilla

I was with Dr Kek Lee Phin. She is very probreastfeeding and she is a mother of 4. Very reassuring and motherly too.

Dr Kek Lee Phin 67323433

Gyneacology Associates Women’s Medical Ctr
2 Mt Elizabeth #12-18
Mt Elizabeth Medical Centre S(228510)

Hannah

I heard that Dr Kek is good, so i went to her. But i switched gynae when she dun support my wish of VBAC. She didn't even want to let me try first.. And my case of caesarean was only because cervix didn't dilate on my first pregnancy...

But i do agree that she's patient and motherly :)

In the end, i managed a VBAC :001_302:

himawari

My gynae from thomson medical is also very supportive when it comes to breastfeeding. She is Dr Adelina Wong En Ai. A mother of three herself.

Vone

My gynae from Thomson Medical Dr Kee is also very supportive of Breast Feeding :D *thumbs up for him*

doraemon

Hi Bluechin,

I am due only in mid Aug 2008 but wish to bf my baby. When would it be appropriate for me to attend the sessions? I had difficulty bf my first child as apparently I have inverted nipples. Kindly advise :)

Thanks!

elaine01

Hi Bluechin,

I am due only in mid Aug 2008 but wish to bf my baby. When would it be appropriate for me to attend the sessions? I had difficulty bf my first child as apparently I have inverted nipples. Kindly advise :)

Thanks!
hi doraemon,

i've the same problem as you too. MIL was the 1st to see my boobs & immediately stopped me from breastfeeding. she said 'no nipple' how to breastfeed?

but boy, am i glad my mum was there for me too. i was ignorant then & didnt know about the BMSG. neither did i attend any workshops/talks by them. my mum taught me how to nurse with my inverted nipples & hey, my boy just entered playgroup & still nursing!:Dancing_wub:

if not for my mum's knowledge & support, doubt i can come this far........love you, mum!

elaine01

Solution 1: You can nurse your baby on the unaffected breast 1st then switch to the one with inverted nipple. baby has just nursed, not so hungry & will have more patience to try latching on the breast with the inverted nipple.

Solution 2: You can also try to form a V shaped with yourindex finger & middle finger, push the walls of your breasts towarsd your body to make the nipple more protruding & hence easier for baby to latch(if both are inverted/flat/short).

Solution 3: I bought a pair of breast shell from Avent & Medela. Personally prefers Avent. Comes with 2 pairs of shells. Sterilise before use so that it can help you collect leaking milk when you nurse on the other breast & store for later use. 1 pair has holes to aid in the healing of sore holes. The other without holes to collect leaking milk.

Solution 4: Start expressing, express more on the affected breast. I personally find that frequent expression does help pull out the nipple. With nursing on demand & frequent expressing, both my nipples are as protruding & "perfect" in less than 2 months. NEVER sacrifice night feeds.

Hope the above helps.:tlaugh: