Breastfeeding Goals

Alisya

As you begin breastfeeding or making plans for breastfeeding your baby, consider how long you would like to breastfeed and set a goal for yourself and your baby.

Do you want to breastfeed for two months, six months, twelve months, or until your baby is ready to stop?

Having a preset goal for how long you want to breastfeed can help ensure that you won't stop early if you begin to have problems, as you get help and advice to keep going until you meet your goal.

And when considering how long to set your goal, remember that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that 'breastfeeding continue for at least 12 months, and thereafter for as long as mutually desired.'

So, set your goals now! :red:

THE SAID'S

As you begin breastfeeding or making plans for breastfeeding your baby, consider how long you would like to breastfeed and set a goal for yourself and your baby.

Do you want to breastfeed for two months, six months, twelve months, or until your baby is ready to stop?

Having a preset goal for how long you want to breastfeed can help ensure that you won't stop early if you begin to have problems, as you get help and advice to keep going until you meet your goal.

And when considering how long to set your goal, remember that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that 'breastfeeding continue for at least 12 months, and thereafter for as long as mutually desired.'

So, set your goals now! :red:
You are right! I'm a mummy to 2 kids. My eldest was breastfed up to 2 years and 3 months while my 17 months boy is still going strong wt B/milk. I take the time while B/F to bond and gently stroke them .... ALL FOR BF.:Dancing_tongue:

PinkDiamonds

My goal is to BF for a year, anything after that would be a bonus for me.

Am still unsure if I will purposely wean off after a year. :)

sufeit0115

My goal is to breastfeed at least 6 months, i will be very happy if i can achieve this cos i'm a working mtb...:)

snowbear

Initially I was intending to bf for 6mths. I had a lot of problems in the beginning so I tot 6mths was already tough enuff. But then... my problems cleared up and my darling will be 16mths tmr and I'm still bfding her! Haha. Just can't stand those pp who keep asking me how come Alicia's still latching on... grr... or those who keep saying bfding beyond 1 year is useless and pointless...

meiteoh

For me, six months is a must - don't care whether I get cracked nipples or what *choy*. Preferably, one year. :)

Stan

Also targeting 6 months...
i will be back on office after my leave and i worry if baby doesn latch that often in the day, my supply will decrease...
So anything extra is a bonus!!

PinkDiamonds

Also targeting 6 months...
i will be back on office after my leave and i worry if baby doesn latch that often in the day, my supply will decrease...
So anything extra is a bonus!!
You can find threads around here for working mothers who wish to continue breastfeeding after they go back to work. What usually happens is pump at work, latching spree over the weekend. :)

I hope to breastfeed for a year. and now my son is already 9months 2weeks old.

Sometimes really wish to stop when he bites me, when i see my boobs sagging..

haha.. but still i want to preserve on for the best for him. :)