breastfeeding qns

Hi mummies,

I bf my boy exclusively and he's now 3 weeks plus.. lately he has been
having this lime green poo.. issit normal?
And he always seem to poo lil by lil... like 10 cents size everytime..
issit constipation? but the stools are still watery.. Some say lime green
poo are due to too much fore milk but he usually latch for 20-40 mins.. issit not enough?

lately not sure whether is it sth I ate.. he doesnt seem to slp as much now..
And his stomach is bloated n gassy.. he also have dry red patch ard his eyes n his
nappy rash seems to get worse.. nt sure whether issit my diet lately..

thks mummies..
appreciate if anyone can give me suggestions ;)

gumbokins

Hi dear

good job on bfing your baby!

bf-ed babies are rarely constipated, since the texture is watery, it's not constipation. as for amount, some bf-ed babies poo once every 4-5 days, other poo after every feed, as long as baby is gaining weight, it should be alright.

foremilk imbalance results in frothy greenish poo but since you are latching for 20-40 mins, not likely to be the problem.

i pretty much ate everything and anything when I was nursing, it did not really affect the baby although i did think chocolate made him a little gassy. are you eating any antibiotics?

as for nappy rash, that's common so be sure to put on some barrier cream during nappy changes.

Hi dear

good job on bfing your baby!

bf-ed babies are rarely constipated, since the texture is watery, it's not constipation. as for amount, some bf-ed babies poo once every 4-5 days, other poo after every feed, as long as baby is gaining weight, it should be alright.

foremilk imbalance results in frothy greenish poo but since you are latching for 20-40 mins, not likely to be the problem.

i pretty much ate everything and anything when I was nursing, it did not really affect the baby although i did think chocolate made him a little gassy. are you eating any antibiotics?

as for nappy rash, that's common so be sure to put on some barrier cream during nappy changes.
Hi dear,

thks so much ;) I latched him on pretty long but sometimes I think he is just suckling my nipple hahaha..
so at times I prefer to bottle feed him w EBM at least can monitor..
I m not on any medications, however I feel maybe its the soya bean or the awfully chocolate cake I ate hahaha..
cant resist temptations lols

It doesnt look like nappy rash somehow after I goggled to c how it looks like, it look more like blister..
He use napkin and we change the min we spot that its wet but still... :(
now whenever we wipe his backside, its like wrestling match.. lols

thks :D

Mummy to Baby V

Breastfeeding mum needs to be careful of diet. I kept diet similar to pregnancy.
My boy had bad eczema on face and only at 14 months, I realized he has soy allergy.
(Now, I also realize he can't take mushrooms and strawberries.)

Be careful of any allergenic food (eggs, wheat, dairy, nuts, chocolate, bird's nest, etc) and watch baby's reaction.

As for blister-like rash at nappy area, it could be adverse reaction to the chemicals in disposable diapers or wipes.
Using cloth nappy and changing whenever wet is good.
Can also add a disposable or cloth (fleece) stay-dry liner, in case of a wet diaper left longer.

Try using cotton wool or cloth wipe with cooled boiled water to clean baby's bums.

When bum is completely dry, then put on diaper cream and diaper.