Breastfeeding queries

Sunnybear

Hi,
Does anyone knows whether its possible to bf again after stopping for abt 6 weeks??
I partial bf dear daughter for 1 wk when she was born, but stopped due to tiredness & frustration during confinement. Now she's 7 weeks old and i really wish to bf her again as i hv been feeling guilty & regret. Really regretted my initial decision to stop bf. Sad....
I tried to pump but only few droplets came out & now dear daughter refused to latch onanymore. Have started taking Fenugreek yesterday, hopefully can bring the milk back.
Any advise from mummies???

ast0212

Yes it is possible!! :001_302: I'm trying to teach my son how to breastfeed again after he weaned 3 months ago because he's showing interest again, usually in the mornings. I have no milk only a tiny bit of colostrum at the moment but when my baby is born I will have plenty for both of them.

I've read some stories from mothers who have relactated and it is hard work but if you are determined you can do it! Keep on pumping to stimulate your breasts into milk production again and try to latch your daughter. You can also see your GP for some medication which can help as well.

With getting your baby to latch on perhaps you can contact your local breastfeeding association or support group for advise on that as your baby is still young. For mine he is a toddler so needs to be instructed or shown videos.

I hope it goes well for you!!