breastfeeding question

Shirix

How far apart should I breastfeed my 5 days old baby? Example if I start at 7pm, she would drink till 7.45pm.. When should my next feed be? 10.45pm? What if she never cry at 10.45pm, should I wake her up to drink?

quizesilver

Hi you shld feed at 9 or 10. Which is abt 2-3hr apart.
You would want to take the start to start time. Instead of end time.

verieying

Hi, for ke, i latch on demand. Esp since this round I don't hv lots of milk, my baby might not hv enough so he latch on more often...once every 1.5-2 hrs start to measure fr start of feed like mummy said.. so i am practically just a milk machine, not a full tank one LOL.. anyway, esp. When bb is so young,feed on demand... helps to keep jaundice at bay... no such thing as 'fixing baby schedule ' at least i don't believe in that.. esp when they are so young, newborn!!

One thing I've learnt about BF, don't fred and don't stress urself.. just give ad much as u can while maintaining ur own SANITY!!
I cried so many times as I don't hv much milk this round.. yet I learnt to let go and just feed as much as i can.. i am in my tenth month and counting.. Have Fun and Enjoy !!! ;)

Shirix

Thanks verieying..
So feed on demand means dun wake them up if they nv cry for milk? Sorry still abit confused...

Is your baby having jaundice? If yes, jaundiced babies are very sleepy. N they need milk to help them flush out the bilirubin. So beta to wake baby up for milk every 3 hours till about 2nd week. My baby had jaundice n she could zzz very well. I got to wake her every 3 hours to make sure she got enough milk.

Yes, u count fr start of feed. Start feeding at 7am, nx feed at 10am. If baby wakes up early to drink, let her drink. Feed on demand. If baby is jaundiced, must feed at least every 3 hours. Hope it helps

xiaodaisy

personally , i feed on demand =)

i wont my baby up if she's sleeping ... =) but my baby doesnt have any jaundice , if have its better to wake baby up every 2-3hrs

andieluv2

verieying:714130 said:
Hi, for ke, i latch on demand. Esp since this round I don't hv lots of milk, my baby might not hv enough so he latch on more often...once every 1.5-2 hrs start to measure fr start of feed like mummy said.. so i am practically just a milk machine, not a full tank one LOL.. anyway, esp. When bb is so young,feed on demand... helps to keep jaundice at bay... no such thing as 'fixing baby schedule ' at least i don't believe in that.. esp when they are so young, newborn!!

One thing I've learnt about BF, don't fred and don't stress urself.. just give ad much as u can while maintaining ur own SANITY!!
I cried so many times as I don't hv much milk this round.. yet I learnt to let go and just feed as much as i can.. i am in my tenth month and counting.. Have Fun and Enjoy !!! ;)
totally agree whn u say juz give as much as we can while maintaining our SANITY...yea..bf-ing is such a challenging thing for.mothers!! as if motherhood is not enough to turn our lives upside down.. hahaha... not forgeting all the crying, changing, strugglings..