Buffet caterer

for me, i used to cater 5 days from Neo garden. I think so far i change n change... Neo garden is quite good... :tlaugh: DH also prefer Neo garden...

jupiter

I noticed that 88db website has a wide range of catering servcies. Browse through to if you are looking for one:)

babypris86

i like CJS..... the amt is really a lot!!! i ordered 50 ppl share for 150 person... in the end still left a lot...

cluelessmummy

Hi mummies,

Anyone tried this caterer called Liang Food before? Looking for one for my son's full-mth end of this mth. They have a promotional menu and no GST, plus free transport, so I thought that's a pretty good deal compared to some of the more recommended caterers like Neo Garden and YLS.

Any comments will be much appreciated. Hv to decide on a caterer very soon. Thanks!!

ezenne

YLS is good... nice food n price is reasonable... i used them for my son full mth in mar. Think they r charging GST n they dun waived the transportation.

cluelessmummy

YLS is good... nice food n price is reasonable... i used them for my son full mth in mar. Think they r charging GST n they dun waived the transportation.
Hi Ezenne, which menu did you select for YLS? Are the portion sizes big? If I'm expecting 60 pax, can I only order for 40? Coz not sure whether my friends/relatives will bring their children along. Don't want to overorder but also don't want to run out of food mid-way.

lisa_ng

iss catering sucks...or mayb is just tat sales coordinator.

juz got buffet from them last month for my daughter's birthday.
send enquires through email & this lady call me she was so kind then.
call her 2months b4 the day and was told she was busy with cny orders ask me to call her back after cny. ask me to order online.
ok mayb understandable.
was thinking to order earlier but after this remarks was think mayb i juz order online when the day is nearer.
one day i called her ard 5plus then she say can call her tomolo as she finish work already & got to rush for the company bus. ask me order online once again.
that makes me more firm on ordering online.
after cny she keep calling almost everyday to ask for my order.
i was kind of pissed..
then after much thoughts i juz ask her to email me the menu.
and i repy through email to her on the items i want to order.
i also ordered sm chairs & 2 tables.
on the day, the contractors send the tables & chairs.
then not long later the buffet personnel came to set up & only then we realise the 2 tables was meant to be the buffet table.
so where is the 2 tables ive ordered.
was a saturday, think the tables cant get or wont be on time le.
so i juz pay without the tables cost.
after that my sister was asking eh..how come buffet no vege de?
oh then i remember i did order.
so following monday i call this lady again.
told her bout the missing table & vege.
guess what she have the guts to say table never deliver but i already take out the cost mah. but i guess it's not whether i've paid for it or not. i was telling her they didn't deliver & of course i don't pay for them.
as for the vege, she push the blame on me say my email never put that dish so she never order.
ok was my mistake in some ways.
BUT i've told her my order over the phone & she request for an email at the same time. SO.. that conversation she didn't even take down the details ar? was a waste of my time.
she as a sales coordinator should know that menu i've order should have how many dishes better than me i suppose.
i said if my email had got more dishes missing does that mean they will juz deliver what i order also. or what if i order more dishes than the menu??
she say will speak to her manager to see what can be done.
she called me back the following day. say the manager say the order never put so never order lor.
i told her what are my concerns. she say will call me back again.
after waiting for 2 days. i decided not to wait i call them instead.
the lady went off work so i spoke to the manager. he was aware of this issue & say had already told the sales person to give me a discount of 10% off the buffet price & ask me for the cheque details to be issued to & mailing address. i tot everything fine le...finally.
after waiting for 2-3 weeks, i havent received the cheque so i called this lady to comfirm. she was telling me oh company closing account will take some time. at this moment she did ask me bout the name for the cheque & mailing address again. and i even email these details to her again since she is so careless. not long later a lady manager called me say that the company closing acc will take long to issue the cheque so she offer to send me her personal cheque. the cheque arrived the following day BUT the name was wrong. i almost give up le. i call the sales lady again as the manager was out for lunch. she ask us to send the cheque bk to them or go down to the factory to amend. AND she even ask me the cheque amount which was 40 over dollars then she say ai ya not much lah. then again i guess that's not the issue on the cheque amount. i told her off just a simple buffet & instructions that she cant even follow. then she keep saying as though is my fault. i was super angry already i told her i would have ordered online as what she say but it was her who keep calling me for order then she mention coz need the sales figure mah. she even not pai sey still say next time go bk to them will treat us as vip customers i told her no more next time & im not goin to recommend ppl to them. so sick. i told her ive orderd buffet from neo garden & kriston catering never had problems & didnt have to go through so much then she still can say 'si meh'? not long later the manager who issue the cheque was kind enuf to called me & say she will send me an other amended cheque. finally the problem was resolved.
im very disappointed why did iss have such sales coordinator.
anyway the food wasnt as nice as i thought.

Last edited:

cluelessmummy

Hi Ezenne, which menu did you select for YLS? Are the portion sizes big? If I'm expecting 60 pax, can I only order for 40? Coz not sure whether my friends/relatives will bring their children along. Don't want to overorder but also don't want to run out of food mid-way.
Just wanted to update that I used YLS for my son's full-month. The food was good and most of my guests were quite impressed. Food quantity was more than sufficient, and the kong bak pau, chicken curry and orh ni were big favourites. Very pleased.

Pink daisy

Just wanted to update that I used YLS for my son's full-month. The food was good and most of my guests were quite impressed. Food quantity was more than sufficient, and the kong bak pau, chicken curry and orh ni were big favourites. Very pleased.
Hmmm...but I am having a trial YLS tingkat food now, they're sucks!
The food was not fresh by the time reach my plc and the taste...is ** out of *****!

On the other hand Jessie catering (that I've been having before) was not bad.

leey

Yes, the quality of food is a little bits downwards at our side,

Hope that it will be improved!!

:wong19::we2Randy-git: