Burping colicky baby

corinne22

My baby is 2 months old and she is very "windy"...

Hospital nurse told me to burp her with every 1 to 2 ounce feed - which means I have to stop very frequently when I feed her. However, my baby will cry and refused to be burp...worst still, she will later refused to finish her milk.

Then if I burp her after a full bottle feed, I am afraid the burping is not as effective.

What should I do? It is so frustrating and I have tried putting lots of ruyi oil but her stomach is still "bloated". Doctor says colic will come down after 3-4months old.

diymummy

How do you normally burp her (as in what position)? If you burp her after a full feed, does she through up a lot of milk? Did the doctor prescribe colic drops for you?

My son was colicky as well. He was on colic drops till 5 mths. I burp him twice thru a feed and if I burp him only at the end of the feed he would throw out milk (mild reflux).

I suspect your baby rejects milk after being burp because of the pain. Colic drops help to combine the smaller air bubbles in the tummy to big ones so that the child can burp it out at all at once.

tania10

agree with diymummy.

Colic drop help to burp easily . As it is just foam, does not absorb in body, so no side effect .

corinne22

I have been giving Ridwind anti-colic drops since she one month old...but it doesn't really works.

I usually burp her either she sit up straight on my lap and I will rub or pat her back...or sometimes I will try putting her on my shoulders where her head is laid on my shoulder and pat her.

u may want to add on reutefene drops too. my baby was suffering from colic sometime when she was 2months old to 5-6 months. once, she cried almost non-stop for 2 hours, i got really desperate and called my PD. she advised me to give probiotics + ridwind. i find that it helps. u must really try your best to burp your baby after every feed. sometimes it can take up to 15 mins. :SLEEP: