buying cheaper milk powder from minimart

I have been buying my boys milk powder from a minimart. The price are few dollar (3-4 dollar)cheaper as compare to NTUC and other supermarket.
Last few days my fren asking me about the authencity of the milk powder sell in the minimart. she ask me isn't that suspicious how can a minimart sell cheaper than big supermarket, cos supermarket usually get more stock from supplier and can ejoy cheaper price. So she suspect the minimart is getting stock from some grey market which allow them to sell it cheaper. I'm start to worry cos my boy has been taking the milk powder from that minimart since he born.

Do u think is there any problem which the milk powder is selling at cheaper price?

huihui32

u can see where the milk powder import is to where, wan . all tin in SG should be stated impoted for singapore.

small shop may sell it slighter cheaper maybe the milkpowder not running that fast so thay can't sell it at hight price. as big super market .the price abit higher u also must see their shop so so big. the rented sure very very very the ex ex ex and also they need alot of workers to run the big super market,. so some time u can get good price better den big super market.

hee . my milkpowder i get is much more low price den super market. here
if u keen can pm me for the price.

not to worry as make sure u see the detail of the tins , make from where .pack from$ where and also imported for singapore.

not clear also can call the milkpowder care line to check as well.

the packaging is exactly the same as those bought from shop nsave and ntuc.
I just afraid they can also fake the packaging as well.

huihui32

should not be. as here is singapore . if u buy the milk at low price at the minimart, if anything happen the shop also got to ans

pokemon97

i do agree with huihui32, should be alright in Singapore. I also bought from the minimart at my place and is cheaper also but i always check to make sure it's imported for Singapore.

apollo

dont wry. usually minimart, chi medical halls etc sell FM cheaper. i agree with huihui.. and at supermarkets, we can gain points to offset the bills. so if they sell the FM in cheaper price, what are they going to earn?? as long as the packaging is the same, i think is authentic. if u are still wry, can call up the FM coy to ask if they distribute their FM to those minimarts anot. =)

huihui32

cos what i know some minimart they sell it at very low price .as they may just earn very very less on the milkpowder. and super market even they order in very very huge QTY. but they still need to cover their worker pay and rente fee which is not cheap . so their milkpowder may be ex compare to outside shop.

apollo

precisely! if minimarts sell the FM same price as supermarkets, ppl rather go supermarket buy, still can gain points. LOL!!

Last edited:
with all the reply here, i feel better and less worry.
Nowadays the milk powder is getting ex. Enfa series price has gone up again.

maichiang

hi..am also interested in finding where i can find cheaper milk powders..i use gainIQ thou..and hw much do they sell? TIA!=D

Nana2306

i heard there's a chinese medical shop in pasir ris dat sells cheaper milk.
I do have 3 tins of Similac Total Comfort stage 2 to let go at low prices. Anyone keen? Ordered the wrong type of my baby.:embarrassed:

adoreachild

Baby Care

It doesn't matter what is the cost of the milk. The important fact is whether it is good for the health of your baby or not. Does your child is facing any health problem by drinking this milk. So many people are using this. If this cheaper milk is having bad quality then this might not be there in the market. If you are having any doubt you can ask your doctor about this.

Bellerena

If you all are comfortable to purchase directly from supplier. U can Watsapp or SMS me @ 91087307. I'm consolidating milks.

JossCruz

Hi

I have came across something about formulas recently..... and it scares me, formulas actually made of GMO soybeans which contains chemicals like BT and Roundup that will cause intestinal allergies... I know everyone is busy but mummy's milk is still the sweetest....Muack!

shiewliang

Hi Mummies & Daddy,

If you all want to find cheaper formula milk powder and diaper can go to

Jin Tai Tong Chinese Medicine Shop. (got 3 shops islandwide, might need to Google search)

I brought my daughter formula milk and diaper there at Tampines mart. Their price ($3 - $4 dollar) cheaper than other supermarket AND rebates another $1-$1.50 if you return the formula milk tin back.. Cheers

JolAndJoius

Hi mummies,

Anybody giving their kid Friso Stage? My son just switched to Stage 3. when i open a new 1.8kg tin i saw shimmering bits inside. Anybody encounter this? I don't know is it normal. I went to buy another tin and its also the same. Friso Singapore even did a one to one exchange with me and claims that they will send to Netherland for test. And guess what, I need to wait for 1.5-2mths for the result. Thought of changing to Dumex as it is manufactured in Singapore. Guess will be safer. Any comments?