c-sect mums, how long did yr tummy take to subside?

apollo

took 2weeks to subside 90%... now ds is 11week old, gone bk to pre-preg shape. in fact, slimmer than pre-preg.. but look v haggard =(

mine took abt 2 months. think if you're breastfeeding it helps your tummy regain pre-preg shape. i didn't do any form of massage.

babysparkz

mummies!

is it true once after cs u cant shower as per normal?
im having mine this 21st...
need some advice for anything to take note?

thankies

hi babysparkz,

yes, it is true you cannot shower because if water gets into the wound, you risk having an infection. after i c-sect, my gynae didn't let me shower for 3 days until my wound "settle down" a bit. after that his nurse taught me to clean my wound daily and then gave me waterproof tape to tape over. after that session then my gynae allow me to shower normally but he ask me to make sure i know how to paste the tape properly.

apollo

mummies!

is it true once after cs you cant shower as per normal?

thankies
my gynae said it's okay to bathe but i dare not... only use warm water and herb water to clean myself... and washed my hair only...

snowbear

mummies!

thankies
My gynae told me not to bathe for about a week to prevent infection. After that you can bathe as per normal. No problem :)

meiteoh

It's been nearly 2 months and while I'm 2-3 kg away from my pre-pregnancy weight, I have a flabby tummy because of the excess skin. *sigh* I can't wear a binder yet because of the c-sec - am waiting to see a doc to get approval for wearing binders and exercise - but in the meantime, any ideas how I can firm up the excess skin apart from putting on creams/lotions? Or am I doomed to have a pouch above my pubes forever? :/

Lin-12

It's been nearly 2 months and while I'm 2-3 kg away from my pre-pregnancy weight, I have a flabby tummy because of the excess skin. *sigh* I can't wear a binder yet because of the c-sec - am waiting to see a doc to get approval for wearing binders and exercise - but in the meantime, any ideas how I can firm up the excess skin apart from putting on creams/lotions? Or am I doomed to have a pouch above my pubes forever? :/
i think u can try by doing some crunches every morning and night...to firm up ur tummy area...hope tis helps...

meiteoh

Urm...I was told by the physiotherapist not to do any crunches as they can cause more damage to the abdominal muscles. :S

yyt47

mummies!

thankies
That was not the case for me..in fact i started to shower like 2-3 days after my C-Sec. My wound was covered with waterproof plaster given by the gynae, so showering is not a problem. In fact my gynae encouraged me to shower to keep the surrounding area clean. Dun worry, if there is a waterproof plaster over it, the water should not enter the wound. Ask your gynae about it to make sure.

apollo

c-sect can wear binder worr.. mine was c-sect and my gynae advised me to get a binder and they 'bind' me up right aft the OP :001_302: