C-section at kkh

asilaah

hi all,

im a first time mummy to be due in late september. just wanted to know if husband can accompany me during c-section procedure in kkh? or anyone kind enough to share c-sect experience in kkh?
im quite nervous actually. =)

thank you.

andieluv2

mine was an emergency c sect. seeing dr HY Wee. undergo induction for 2 days but ny cervix simply refuse to open. once we sign the consent, i am in the OT within 8mins. my husband is not allowed inside as its an e csect. but i think elective can. i went for epidural during labour so need not undergo GA. the.procedure was very fast. they will top up the epidural, mmonitor ur.vital signs make sure u can feel nothing.by using the ice pack test, then there it goes. u may ecperience.some tremors. thts the side effect.of the epi. u will feel nothjbg whn they do the cut except some tugging whn they try to open ur womb and pull the baby out. from the start of the op, within like 5- 10mins u will hear ur baby crying..then.the doc will show u.ur baby for a brief second, tell u boy or.girl then pass to the midwife for cleaning and checking of baby while the doc continue to stitch up ur wound which will take abt 10-20 mins time.

u will be out of ot to the recovery room and thr u rest abt 30 mins with monitorings. if everything stable they will send.u bck to ur ward after that.

u will be.on a urine catheter.bcoz u are suppose.to rest in bed at least 1-22days and ur wound.will be painful whn the.epidural wears.off. so u cant walk oso. they off my urine catheter on the 2nd day and i.am.off my bed.walking. its pretty painful but my advise is start walking early. the earlier u start to ambulate the faster ur wound heals. by my 4th- 5th day i can walk like per.normal liao. they.will advise u.to by a binder like a tight corset which.gives.compression and.reduces pain. u can oso press onto ur wound whn.walking so to relieve pain but juz walk walk and walk within ur.limits.

hth.