Caesarean Section (C-Sect) - Welcome all Advices & Sharing!

Gem2505

Hi mummies
Can I know what are the side effects of GA besides the shivering and vomitting.
Im going to deliver end of March and gynae said that I will need GA instead of epidural...can someone please advise? Thanks.
hmm.. each individual has different side effects. i suppose they will let u sign a form before u go in the OT.
in that form, it will state the side effects.
i signed that form before i went in the OT but cant remember whats in there seriously coz im already v anxious as i've dragged 33hours in the delivery suite.
so i just merely yes yes yes and sign it off.

during and after the opt, i had no shiver or vomitting at all. no side effects till now. maybe abit back ache which is bearable.
im not sure whats the cause of my back ache coz looking aft bb, had to bent while bathing her, sit for longer hours.. feeding,etc.
might be due to over-tired myself. but the back ache is on n off n not v bad type.

i have friend that also GA, but had shiver, not vomitting..

so, everyone differs.

Gem2505

I have a question..

after delivering my girl about 7 weeks ago, im still feeling "blue black" pain at my tummy area.
is there anything wrong? or is it the utreus have not contracted back yet thats why have such pain?
i only felt the pain when i touch/press on softly at the tummy area. otherwise, no pain.
my doc appt is mid of apr coz gonna do pap smear tgt. dunno should i go for doc appt 1 time before that?
$ fly.. with the additional appt, i can buy 2 tins of milk powder for baby. *now v careful with expenditure already*
haha!

maneo0302

I have a question..

after delivering my girl about 7 weeks ago, im still feeling "blue black" pain at my tummy area.
is there anything wrong? or is it the utreus have not contracted back yet thats why have such pain?
i only felt the pain when i touch/press on softly at the tummy area. otherwise, no pain.
my doc appt is mid of apr coz gonna do pap smear tgt. dunno should i go for doc appt 1 time before that?
$ fly.. with the additional appt, i can buy 2 tins of milk powder for baby. *now v careful with expenditure already*
haha!
Hi Gem, i think you should ask your dr as to y u r still feeling the pain. but i heard that c-sect will take quite a long time to heal.

camom

C-sec is a major abdominal surgery so to still feel sng at the surgical wound area after 7 wks is normal. If you see pus or the wound smells, then better see your dr ASAP.

Gem2505

THanks for the replies.

the wound area heal nicely already. just the skin area at tummy got the discomfort. not really that pain type.
perhaps just wait n see. =)

PinkDiamonds

I took epidural and my side effects were shivering & vomitting.

For GA, you're going to be asleep through the op, so there isn't any side effect per se. Some people do complain that they experience aches here and there after the operation. It may or may not be due to the GA, may also be due to the pregnancy itself.

blsc78

hmm.. each individual has different side effects. i suppose they will let u sign a form before u go in the OT.
in that form, it will state the side effects.
i signed that form before i went in the OT but cant remember whats in there seriously coz im already v anxious as i've dragged 33hours in the delivery suite.
so i just merely yes yes yes and sign it off.

during and after the opt, i had no shiver or vomitting at all. no side effects till now. maybe abit back ache which is bearable.
im not sure whats the cause of my back ache coz looking aft bb, had to bent while bathing her, sit for longer hours.. feeding,etc.
might be due to over-tired myself. but the back ache is on n off n not v bad type.

i have friend that also GA, but had shiver, not vomitting..

so, everyone differs.
I have no shiver or vomitting after GA, but I was badly in pain for 8 weeks and even till today (my baby is currently 3mth old), I can still feel the numbness ard my tummy area:(

PinkDiamonds

I heard the numbness is quite normal as during the OP when the doctor makes the incision, some of the nerves are also cut off. Thus some mummies feel numb around the scar area. I feel some numbness too.

Can I ask mummies how long does it take for the C-section scar to fade from the reddish/pinkish color?

apollo

C sect can get preg so fast? i thot must at least wait for 18months-24months?
did ur gynae say anything about ur current pregnancy?
can C sect again so soon?
i am so scared that the wound have not heal so well and get preg again in a few months time.
my gynae advised me to wait at least 1yr before getting preg again. I have frens who got preg again 3-4 mths after c-sect and their gynaes said no pro at all just tt they cannot try for VBAC have to go thru c-sect again. =)

apollo

I heard the numbness is quite normal as during the OP when the doctor makes the incision, some of the nerves are also cut off. Thus some mummies feel numb around the scar area. I feel some numbness too.

Can I ask mummies how long does it take for the C-section scar to fade from the reddish/pinkish color?
mine is now abit 'meaty' color. lik those very dark pink, think aft 5-6 mths will slowly change color... the scar wont fade, will only change color..

Last edited:
I hope to get preg 3-4 mths after C-sect. If not, i will be over 35 years old.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Bumping up this thread. Hehe.. Yup mine was an 'accident' hahaa I just delivered my boy via c sect again on 18oct. They are only one yr apart , meaning I got pregnant about 4 mths after I delivered my first. I did not breastfeed for long for #1, only about a month. But even if u breastfeed u may get preg. Gd luck babe! Yup I agree it's better to try for babies when u r younger!

I hope to get preg 3-4 mths after C-sect. If not, i will be over 35 years old.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Bumping up this thread. Hehe.. Yup mine was an 'accident' hahaa I just delivered my boy via c sect again on 18oct. They are only one yr apart , meaning I got pregnant about 4 mths after I delivered my first. I did not breastfeed for long for #1, only about a month. But even if u breastfeed u may get preg. Gd luck babe! Yup I agree it's better to try for babies when u r younger!

Can anyone remember when can we remove the clear dressing after the stitches are removed? I've already went back to remove the first white dressing 10days after the op. then gynae removed some stitches n pasted a clear thin dressing on top but did not tell me when I can remove. I called up but d nurses said can remove one or two days later. Just needed to double check.Very blur..:001_302:

bunnymum

pinkymummy: my dressing was removed 1 week after the C-section by my gynae. She just told me to be careful when showering / bathing. No scrubbing at that area . I dunno why your gynae din remove it for you. By right, it's safer for them to remove the dressing.

Can anyone remember when can we remove the clear dressing after the stitches are removed? I've already went back to remove the first white dressing 10days after the op. then gynae removed some stitches n pasted a clear thin dressing on top but did not tell me when I can remove. I called up but d nurses said can remove one or two days later. Just needed to double check.Very blur..:001_302:

pinkymummy: my dressing was removed 1 week after the C-section by my gynae. She just told me to be careful when showering / bathing. No scrubbing at that area . I dunno why your gynae din remove it for you. By right, it's safer for them to remove the dressing.
Thanks bunny mum! He removed it already but he placed a new clear one again . My first c sect he did the same but can't rem when can remove. So did u put the Cica Care dressing on it? My last c sect I put it diligently still have keloids. Thinking of going for the steroids injection to prevent keloid from forming.

gumbokins

Oh I can't remember when I took off the clear dressing..but I remember that one day (think it was a week since the op), I saw that there was a lot of brown patches on the dressing, and we panicked, called the gynae, he told us to rush down to his clinic and then when he looked down, he was like -_- aiyah that's NORMAL LAH. hahahaha! but he changed the dressing anyways. I think i kept it for 2-3 more days, then applied the antiseptic cream after.

Oh I can't remember when I took off the clear dressing..but I remember that one day (think it was a week since the op), I saw that there was a lot of brown patches on the dressing, and we panicked, called the gynae, he told us to rush down to his clinic and then when he looked down, he was like -_- aiyah that's NORMAL LAH. hahahaha! but he changed the dressing anyways. I think i kept it for 2-3 more days, then applied the antiseptic cream after.
ohhh.... then i think i better remove it now , let the wound breathe a little. The plaster is making me itch a lot! Looks so unglam keep scratching below hahaa