Can 7 Months Old babies eat Beetroot?

angelwendy

Hi all mummies.. can i use beetroot to cook porridge? i never try this before.. so i don't know how it taste like...

wannabe_mamma

Hi all mummies.. can i use beetroot to cook porridge? i never try this before.. so i dont't know how it taste like...
Of course a 7 month old can eat beetroot. Of course if you google on this topic u'll find loads of sites telling u not to use fresh beetroot coz of nitrate content but frankly my opinion is if u start digging in too much behind each food item u give ur baby then u can never give your baby anything except commercial cereals and jar foods.

In fact I started giving my DS beetroot puree when he was only 5 months and he took to it very well. I used to combine it with carrots or apples. NAturally beets have a sweet taste but they don't mash very well so you could add beetroot puree to your baby's porridge or give it to him on its own as a snack inbetween meals.

But BEWARE that when you baby eats beets, the stools will have a red tint to it. Dun be shocked, it's definitely not blood he's just passing the beetroot out.