can a baby drink two different brands of formula milk at one time?

P4nic

I noticed my baby actually pass out greenish stools for most FM such as Enfa, Similac, NAN etc. However her stools are yellowish when she drink FrisoGold.

I understand Friso are high in fiber so she can pass her stools easily.. at least once a day unlike the rest. However i m also aware that the other FMs such as Enfa and Similac are higher in other aspect such as DHA and i do not wish to deprive her on those.

I m wondering whether is it possible to drink two brands of FM at the same time

Scenario 1:
Assuming 5 feeds in the day:
1st feed - Friso
2nd feed - Similac
3rd feed - Similac
4th feed - Similac
5th feed - Friso

Scenario 2 - i heard some mummies mixed the FMs
120 ml for 4 spoons - 1 spoon friso, 3 spoon Similac

Kindly advice! I m also wondering whether is it ok to have greenish stools?

duckiemom

I also feed my Belle with 2 brands of FM now. She started having diarrhoea 2+ weeks ago and pd suspected is sensitive tummy towards SImilac followon formula and so suggest change to soy based. which we did lah, but Belle don't like the taste so we mix both lor (more soy based and less Similac) She seems ok leh.. ya also Belle also sometimes have greenish stools, esp if she eats more veg puree, should be ok ba...

P4nic

ya lo my gal oso dun like the taste of FrisoGold.. but when she drinks that she wun be constipated. So i was tinking of having 2 FMs for her.

apollo

I dont think is good to give different brands of FM or even MIX different brands/types of FM into the same bottle UNLESS advised by pd due to any medical reason. when ds has reflux, we were told by pd to mix friso gold n friso comfort. So what if enfalac n similac has higher DHA? i believe friso alrdy contain the standard dosage of DHA a baby needs. =)

jeinthiangel

It all depends on how your baby can take it. My boy 2months old, takes Enfalac in the day time and Frisogold in the night feeds. Reason for me to give 2 formulas is, when he was solely on enfalac he was having constipation often and cried alot. Now that he take Frisogold for his after 8pm feeds, his pooing is smooth and soft the next day.

Ting

i think it shld be ok to feed diff brands of FM seperately, but best to be adviced by your PD. just dont mix 2 diff brands tgt to feed.

vel

Any reasons for not mixing 2 diff brands? My 2 month baby is drinking 120ml how many spoon of frisogold should we give??
At the moment I mix 2 spoon frisogold and 1 and a half similac stage 1