Can anyone share with me the process flow of IVF?

babymoo

I'm on my first try of IUI and doesn't seems good cos my tummy eel cramp like coming menses feeling... Wanna check out hw ivf is done cos my chinese doc being wet blanket say my hubby sperm Like tt don waste $$ on IUI no point... =(
I dunno hw many injections wat the process flow everything I'm so lost...

Dun give up babymoo! I've researched a bit on ivf cuz my doc wants me to do that if there my 2 cycles of IUI dun succeed (though I'm totally not keen on IVF). What I understand is you have to take medications or daily injections to stimulate follicle growth. The doc will then scan u and when there is a good number of mature follicles, doc will extract the eggs and you will generally be anesthetized for this procedure. Then they will fertilize the eggs in a lab and once they have viable embryos in a few days time (can't rem if its somethin like 3-5 days), they will then transfer 2-3 inside you depending on how many good quality embryos they are able to "harvest". Then u have to be very careful in the next 2 weeks. Possibly on bed rest the whole time, depending on what your doc says, and go back for scans & tests at the end of the 2 wks.

At least this is what I found out. Perhaps the other ladies who have gone through the procedure can give a more accurate picture.

But just to also share with u, if the procedure is not done at the public hospital, you will only be able to use your medisave only and not get the s$3k govt grant.

Hope this helps!

mymiracle

I'm on my first try of IUI and doesn't seems good cos my tummy eel cramp like coming menses feeling... Wanna check out hw ivf is done cos my chinese doc being wet blanket say my hubby sperm Like tt don waste $$ on IUI no point... =(
I dunno hw many injections wat the process flow everything I'm so lost...
Hi babymoo,

unfortunately, i have 6 IUI all failed with Thomson (mayb due to my blocked tube and hubb low counts) We decided to go to IVF after 7 years of trying with natural and IUI...

I booked a date with KK and was waitlisted for 2 mth.. So, my process start here, (in between, there're alot of scanning and blood test) I became a regular, same for all... lots of time commitment.

27th Jul: Cycle 1, Day1 AF visit (call doc to make appt for Day21 which is 16th Aug)
16th Aug: Start my Lucrin injection, everyday
26th Aug: Cycle 2, Day1 AF visit (continue with Lucrin)
1 Sept: Start Puregon (+ Lucrin)
12 Sept: Retrieve Egg + Sperm
14 Sept: Ovum insert
Every 3 day need to inject pregnyl for 4x.
MC from 12 - 30 Sept (but i am back to work on 26)
Result test on 30th Sept. Wish me good luck!!

today is AF due date, please dont visit me, give me a break... i had a test today, got 2 faint positive line, but worried is bcos of the pregyl injection.. so i shall monitor these few day till 30th my visit to KK.

My AF using (+)(-) 1/ 2 days, so cross fingers.....

Good luck to you too.

babymoo

Good luck to u.... ^^ thanks for the detail info !!

hmmm... Tt means ivf needs 2 cycle to complete one ivf.... Hmmm.... Dunno in time for a dragon baby a nt cos guess my doc would wan me to try one more round of IUI before gOing ivf....

liliankoh

Hi babymoo,

unfortunately, i have 6 IUI all failed with Thomson (mayb due to my blocked tube and hubb low counts) We decided to go to IVF after 7 years of trying with natural and IUI...

I booked a date with KK and was waitlisted for 2 month.. So, my process start here, (in between, there're alot of scanning and blood test) I became a regular, same for all... lots of time commitment.

27th Jul: Cycle 1, Day1 AF visit (call doc to make appt for Day21 which is 16th Aug)
16th Aug: Start my Lucrin injection, everyday
26th Aug: Cycle 2, Day1 AF visit (continue with Lucrin)
1 Sept: Start Puregon (+ Lucrin)
12 Sept: Retrieve Egg + Sperm
14 Sept: Ovum insert
Every 3 day need to inject pregnyl for 4x.
MC from 12 - 30 Sept (but i am back to work on 26)
Result test on 30th Sept. Wish me good luck!!

today is AF due date, please dont visit me, give me a break... i had a test today, got 2 faint positive line, but worried is bcos of the pregyl injection.. so i shall monitor these few day till 30th my visit to KK.

My AF using (+)(-) 1/ 2 days, so cross fingers.....

Good luck to you too.
Good luck, my miracle, jia you

Last edited:

mymiracle

Good luck to u.... ^^ thanks for the detail info !!

hmmm... Tt means ivf needs 2 cycle to complete one ivf.... Hmmm.... Dunno in time for a dragon baby a nt cos guess my doc would wan me to try one more round of IUI before gOing ivf....
u can go for IUI while register for IVF, i did that my last round.. thinking and hoping i can skip IVF.. *but Too bad*, i hope u can skip IVF... Good luck dear.

yes you are right we need 2 cycle to complete 1 IVF process, apprarently is very fast one.. inject inject and u will notice it's time to retrieve already.. I wish u good luck....

Today i did a test again, was still faint positive but am just still too worry is bcos of the pregnyl injection i had last friday... dont dare to place too much hope but i still HOPING!!!

babymoo

Gd luck !!!
Doc skip my this round vow hubby sperm too weak he say no point to waste $$...
Cute doc... But really dishearted...

mymiracle

babymoo,

try to buy codysep for your hubb (brand is Borsh, around $40+ per box contain 60 tablets), my hubb had it and his good count increased....

from 1% to 11% within 6 mth :)

bless you..

mymiracle

Good Q'tion.. i went to my office beside during CNY sale time...

I cant relaly tell u where cos i been to a few chinese medicine shop all dun have but u can try asking when u pass by chinese herb shop or those selling a lot of medication...

i know bedok there's 1 shop there have.. is a chinese shop selling full of medication... i bought 2 box from there....