can baby eat cake?

meiteoh

If it's homemade - you made it yourself and n ot someone else - then why not? But otherwise, I'd stay clear of it because cakes made outside use a lot of sugar, cheaper alternative to butter (not exactly healthier) and can contain colouring and flavouring.

diymummy

If your child doesn't display any allergic reactions from the introduction of egg after the age of 1, it should be ok to let baby eat cake.

Usually people don't introduce things that're loaded with sugar as they are empty calories and hold little nutritional value. But my son does get a treat at school whenever his classmates celebrate their birthdays. Just gotta watch that he wouldn't start prefering cake over his main meals.

shopaholic

I allowed my baby eat a little bit of cake since he displayed interest in what we were eating. This was after we were sure he was not allergic to eggs.

Ting

yup, i allow pin to hv cake arnd 11mths-12mths onwards, but of cos it is not a regular thing, just once in awhile and usually is a couple of nibs. :) but like the rest mentioned, make sure your child is not allergic to eggs.

apollo

my son's 1st try on cake was during his 1st bday. after that we will occassionally give him cakes but not alot, usually he will share with us. I think it is okay to give as long as you're not giving her too frequently. =)