Can bb (15month) eat porridge / fish when fever?

atkht

Hi, anyone heard that if bb have fever, dun give porridge or fish?

What other food can he eat? What about pasta?

Any other choices?

Thanks..

my son having running nose and fever, refuse to eat porridge just now.. so i give only milk.

smallsmallhand

i heard no porridge but should take more fish, anyway we continued to give fish porridge throughout and he recovered quite ok. my 9 month old baby son was also down with fever, runnny nose and slight cough last week.

Mummy to Baby V

I've not heard of abstaining from porridge / fish when having fever.
When my boy is unwell, I continue to offer the usual food, up to him to eat as much or as little as he wants.
Lots of fluids and sponging to cool him down.

apollo

Same as Mummy to Baby Very, i will offer the usual food to dear son when he is sick. if he has no appetite, he will just eat very lil and i will give him some milk if he wants. Never heard before that cannot eat porridge when one is having fever, instead my mum actually said it is better to give porridge when they are ill, cos easier to chew n swallow. if he is able to eat pasta, just give him, give him whatever he wants to eat as long as it does not worsen the condition. =)

reginaluxp

My MIL don't give my boy porridge if he is having fever. Just on milk. You may want to consider to give him NaturCare Colostrum+DHA chew to boost immunity since he is already 15mths.

I happen to came across this product when my boy was 1yrs old. I had been giving him 2 chews since then and he has not been falling sick. Even when he goes for his jab, no fever.

You can refer to this thread for other testimonial from mummies who have brought from me:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f57/colostrum-dha-chew-healthier-kids-65682/#post534213

1 bottle 120's: $63
2 bottles @ $126 + Free Gift + Free Registered Mail