Can breastfeeding mummy pregnant?

maneo0302

yes you can bf during pregnancy. As long as your gynae says its ok to make love, you can breastfeed. Warning... it is not a fun experience... BUT its really v. v. v. v. worth it!!!!

I'm ready to bf even if I got pregnant. I know its not easy...But definity worth doing it!

I did not eat pills before. But i input IUD to prevent myself from getting pregnant, last 3 years. Once i remove it after 3 yrs, i got pregnant immediately. Its better than pills i think. there's no side effects.
actually, it is believed that IUD does not prevent one from getting pregnant. rather, it works by not allowing the pregnancy to take place - conception can still take place but the device prevents implantation of the fertilised egg.

maneo0302

a gsRe: Can breastfeeding mummy pregnant?

actually, it is believed that IUD does not prevent one from getting pregnant. rather, it works by not allowing the pregnancy to take place - conception can still take place but the device prevents implantation of the fertilised egg.
Is it! I din know... But anyway, its a gd preventive device.

Re: a gsRe: Can breastfeeding mummy pregnant?

Is it! I did not know... But anyway, its a good preventive device.
my doc offered the mirena after my first baby but since i was planning for no. 2 soon, i declined. meantime, read more about IUDs and found out that they can prevent fertilisation from taking place in multiple ways, including release of progesterone as in the case with Mirena. But it is also possible for fertilisation to occur and in which case, the presence of the IUD then prevents the fertilised egg from implanting onto the uterus and thus terminating the pregnancy. i'm not too comfortable with the possibility that fertilisation can still take place and so am on the mini pill instead. but it is troublesome in that i need to remember to take it at the same time every day :s