can do manicure and eat peanut/ peanut butter?

Hi mummies!

Just two random questions came popping and wanna ask the opinions of mummies/ MTB here.

I've avoided peanuts since my pregnancy but I do take a bit very occasionally heehee cos it's my favourite.

Feel like going for pedi cos my skin is so dry around my toes but dare not apply polish.

MamaDT

Hi Cherry blossom

U can do mani/pedi... Peanut butter if u are not an allergen... We won't know whether bb will b allergic until they come out n try peanuts themselves... Tot in the antenatal class :)

I avoid mani/pedi though... But I did scrub my feet to get rid of the dead skin... Lol quite tedious... But can b done lol..

Haha thanks mamaDT! I thought would be fine but just don't dare. Hee.. My tummy now big very difficult to bend down so I'm going to a home-based (my neighbour) to do pedi and maybe don't put polish.

Ya for peanuts dunno whether my baby will be allergic or not leh.. Cos like that alot of things dunno will be allergic or not. Do you still eat peanut?

How's everything? :) I still got alot of things to do and buy!!

Chewysee

Hello mummies. I did painting of nails and even gelish leh.... will harm the baby ar? As for peanut. I eat peanut butter leh. Can?

MamaDT

Hi Cherry blossom & Chewysee

I am much better thanks! :) but doc wants me to rest more at hm... So now on unpaid leave le... Lol

Can eat peanut as long as u r not allergic... Coz we won't know whether bb will b allergic or not until he/she is out... This is what the antenatal class teacher said.. :)

Can do mani/pedi too... But I didn't do coz I just wanted to keep my nails clean and unpolished when bb is out... Lol
Read from motherhood magazine that there is this nail spa place where they do water based polish - free frm toxins... Sounds interesting but expensive leh.. Wanna try tt one day ^^

For me I still do pedi, but asked them not to massage my leg at the end (so that they don accidentally hurt my leg or smth). Heard that not so good to do gelish when pregnant....

Peanuts I eat lots of them...suppose to be good for smth...was it iron? Can't remember aldy...

Jojoai

I read from somewhere that nail polish might be poisonous for baby. I'm not so sure. But I did cont doing Mani pedi but no nail polish. :)

MamaDT

Yah peanuts contain one of the nutrients haha can't remember too.. Was it iron or protein... The class teacher said can eat if u r not allergic..

Cherry blossom,
it's ex to me lah hahah I think it is $100++ for classic Mani/pedi somewhere there... Need to find back the issue then I let u know =) but I will go when I find it hard to trim my toe nails.... Haha agree tt we shdnt ask the manicurist to do the leg massage.. :)

I also haven't buy a lot of things... Gonna go baby market to buy as long as it's good deal... Heehee

skt

I haven't heard of any pedicure/manicure and consumption of peanute/peanut butter that will affect the baby during pregnancy.

I do try to keep my nails clean by going for mani/pedi once/2 months, without nail polish. It's basically to keep my nails short and clean.
I personally don't recommend nail polish on fingernails when the baby is out. Not hygiene when preparing baby's food. During my antenatal class, I have seen a few pregnant mummies with coloured toenails. So I guess it should not be too harmful to the baby?

Mojito83

why cannot?

I find it strange when ppl say cannot do this, cannot eat this, cannot cannot cannot... logically, the chemicals for polish might not be the best for us when inhaled, but if u do it in a well ventilated place, why not? Alrdy being pregnant is very demanding and exhausting. We shd try to stay pretty... for our mental well-being. In fact I went to colour my hair... As for eating peanuts, unless u are allergic, again why not? Nuts are very healthy snacks (if u avoid the overly salted ones). Note that nuts allergy is significantly less common in Asians than Caucasians. Lastly, I cant comprehend why wd ppl think that the foetus would develop allergies while in the womb?... if so afraid, then might as well avoid all sorts of food that human Might be allergic to... I tell u, there are ppl allergic to eggs, dairy products, seafood, even chicken or legumes.. then how? Wat else is there left to eat?

lol! yeah i agree with Mojito. Mani and Pedis are safe. I believe there are some nail parlours who also house brands that are preggy friendly polish. Peanut butter and everything is ok to eat la..

viclou

Totally agree! Mummies must be happy to have happy babies! :) My gynae said can eat everything (other than raw stuff of coz) but in moderation. Its already very miserable so if we still restrict ourselves, where is the pregnancy fun? So lets all enjoy this journey! :)

Pie

Yes I agree with Mojito too ! Just enjoy your pregnancy and do everything in moderate ! Cheers to all !