Can drink bubble tea during pregnancy

Shannyang

I am 9 weeks preggy now. I used to liking bubble tea alot, but since I am pregnant, I've to skip it.. I have craving of drinking it but dunno can or not.. Anyone can advise me??

Bubble tea (depending on what type) has ALOT of sugar in it , so we worry about diabetes which can happen during pregnancy. that will lead to a HUGE baby <-- unhealthy and possibly born with diabetes. injection everyday is no fun. not forgetting to mention the difficulty of giving birth to a big angel.

One cup per few days is fine. dont ignore your craving but also limit yourself. :001_302:

apollo

during 1st tri i didnt drink bubble tea cos no craving for it but i did drink ice lemon tea. and somewhere ard 2nd tri i started to crave for bubble tea and drank few times per week, no choice cos the craving was v strong. haha!

26JMC

me got drink! during the 1st trim, i only dare to drink a few mouthful..
now i can drink almost a cup! but i tried to keep to 1 cup fortnightly lor...

Shannyang

Tks all.. My hubs refuse to let me drink.. He control quite alot things too.. Lucky for me is currently I only craving for potato.. I think bubble tea I can skip but if really wanna drink, less sugar shld be fine ba.. And dun drink offen..

fattymumu

i drank during pregnancy until scolded by gynae. He said limit myself to once a week instead of every few days one cup... hahaha
( I was drinking one cup every other day)

pearlie08

hi all, i,too,have cravings for bubble tea and i had it like once a week,been two weeks now..

you can always request for less sugar and choose red tea instead of green tea. i heard green tea intake is nt advisable during expecting..

actually i love the pearls so i usually sip the pearls and left the half cup of tea to hubby..hehehe.. :p

pinkapple

ho ho. I drank a lot of bubble tea during pregnancy. almost everyday.

bubble tea are not very healthy drinks.
pearls are carbo, the drink contains lotsa sugar and tea contains caffeine .

if your urine is high on sugar/carbo then should not take.
if you or your family has history of gestational diabetics but take in moderation too.

Hi
I drank ard 2-3 cups per week during my pregnancy, no prob with me n baby : ) of coz if ur doc commented that you may be at risk of gestational diabetes, then its a no no, after all, it has lotsa sugar and carbo..