Can EBM still be used if its kept in the fridge for 4days?

piggie

Hi mummies,

Wanna chk with you guys as per above topic.

My EBM was left in the fridge, for 4 days. Nt sure if still can use, when i opened it up to snift, there wasnt any smell...
TIA!

ast0212

EBM can be stored up to 5 days in the fridge. The further back it is in the fridge, the longer it will keep :)

whitecatz

I keep up at the back of the fridge up to 5 days. no problems. I think you can keep longer. Check out Medela's website. they have some info there on milk storage temps/length.

whitecatz

i freeze my BM at an open freezer (with other foods), how long i can keep. should invest in a mini freezer to store my BM cos my DD demand is low.
I think the open freezer and the length of time you can keep are 2 different things. In open freezer the concern is cross contamination. for example, storage with raw meat, some juice from the meat can be on the package and it gets onto the milk bag. when it thaws, it gets on your clean hands ... you get the picture. Put your milk in a separate box :) I store my EBM in the same fridge as other food.

bingtingyin

I think the open freezer and the length of time you can keep are 2 different things. In open freezer the concern is cross contamination. for example, storage with raw meat, some juice from the meat can be on the package and it gets onto the milk bag. when it thaws, it gets on your clean hands ... you get the picture. Put your milk in a separate box :) I store my EBM in the same fridge as other food.
Thanks for the info. i get the pic n hope i can do well.