Can maid take care of 2 kids?

fiddlesticks

Hi mummies,

I have a 2 year old dear daughter and my no. 2 dear son will be arriving anytime now.
I'm a full time working mum and my maid takes care of my dear daughter when I am at work. She is a good & trustworthy lady.

Now with No. 2, I'm wondering whether she will be able to cope taking care of 2 children. My dear daughter attends playschool in the mornings. She comes back for lunch and has a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. Then it's playtime/ bath and bedtime by 8-830pm. dear daughter sleeps through the night on her own.

I'm planning on ordering tingkat so my maid doesn't have to cook and housework will be secondary to taking care of the kids.

Anyone has experience with the above? Is it too much for the maid to handle?

Thanks!

Janvier

Hi fiddlesticks,

sounds ok wor. Maybe you can try out your method first and ask the maid to open up to you if she cannot cope? I have a few friends who ordered tingkat too, just that need to find a gd caterer. I've heard from some that they send their child to half day IFC and ask the maid to fetch.

For me, my maid used to take care of my son while my daughter goes to full day childcare. we didn't picked on the housework & the dinner too.. it all went ok. until my maid asked to go back to her family. My mum helped to take care of my son for me until we got another maid.

Now both my kids (2y/o & 3y/o) goes to the childcare. I'm also planning for my current maid to look after my daughter too while my son goes to the childcare still. I'm switching my daughter to morning session kindergarten. For dinner~usually I will prepare the ingredients for next day's dinner before I slp or wake up earlier to prepare stew before going work. :)

Jia yous! & gratz on ur new bundle of joy ;)

mummy0001

Hi fiddlesticks,

It's not that bad, its hard for your maid all that doing thing's, anyway before you find another maid you can her then first if she can handle there all, if not maybe you can find another.. :) :)

hubbylovesme

Hi fiddlesticks, wow congrats !! Anyways, its sound okay. but maybe its a little harder for your maid do things together, you can hire another :)
I get my nanny from PEM confinement nanny agency, she is Filipino, i like the way she work feel comfortable.

forever1090

I agree, it's hard maybe she will accept but hard for her, then cannot handle all maybe it might have a problem, hire to make with you comfortable.

Janvier

Haha, thanks fiddlesticks :D

Hmmm, just to share my updates on my situation =.= currently my new maid bring my daughter to kindy (5mins walk from home) then bring my son to cc (about another 5 to 10mins walk from the sister's kindy). I attached time tables for her and she will cook lunch while the kids are in sch, after that picked my daughter up from her 3hr class. Told her to prepare dinner at around 4.30pm while my daughter napped. After that bring my daughter to fetch my son from cc at 5:30pm,told her must reach home at 6pm.

I think must be firm and repeat to the maid her work comittments and make sure she is willing to take up the job and challenge..and has to like kids.

Infact~my prev maid of 5 months couldn't take it and start to give me problems. so i gotta change a new maid :\ This new one so far...she's ok with handling 2 kids cuz she likes kids. But still needs help at times when both fights etc =_=! So i guessed we still have to step in and help at times @_@ and the housework have to close 1 eye.. priority is the kids are well taken care of.

The pros:
can unload housework such as laundries,simple meals,cleanings (toilets/windows/Changing bedsheets etc),fetching the kids,take care of kids at home when kids are sick

The cons:
*sigh* it's a gamble of luck i guess...so far have changed 2 maids, current one is 3rd one. 1st one after half a yr say daughter give birth want go back look after grandson..but as far as i know she's back in singapore. The 2nd wan is horrible,keep lying,nvr pickup my daughter on time n always MIA (posted her in the Blacklisted maid thread). I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one -_-"

Actually wanted to look for nannies,but too expensive for me..they quoted me 1.5k for 2 kids~might as well i stop working le :(

Last edited: