Can pai pai when doing confinement?

iwan2noe

Dear mummies,

when we're doing confinement,we r 'dirty' in the sense that we can't bathe until at leat 1-2 wks later n also we just went thru labour.

In such a case,can we offer prayers to our faith at the alter ?
Is there anyone who can advise ?

Thanks alot!

Last edited:

Ivy Miao

Dear mummies,

when we're doing confinement,we r 'dirty' in the sense that we can't bathe until at leat 1-2 wks later n also we just went thru labour.

In such a case,can we offer prayers to our faith at the alter ?
Is there anyone who can advise ?

Thanks alot!
I dont think so. As you said, we are 'dirty'. You know some hair salon shop dun allow you in when they know you're actually on confinement?? They say its some kinda 'bad luck'. And some ppl, wont want to enter into our room. Unless after confinement. So........ think offer prayers should wait till our confinement. I actually asked my hub to go Bugis temple on behalf of me. =) God will understand...

I dont think so. As you said, we are 'dirty'. You know some hair salon shop dont allow you in when they know you're actually on confinement?? They say its some kinda 'bad luck'. And some ppl, wont want to enter into our room. Unless after confinement. So........ think offer prayers should wait till our confinement. I actually asked my hub to go Bugis temple on behalf of me. =) God will understand...
wah i didnt know that. hmm... so i better not say anything when i go for my haircut tmr. :001_302:

i also want to go bai bai but mom said must wait until confinement is over. :tlaugh:

iwan2noe

I dont think so. As you said, we are 'dirty'. You know some hair salon shop dont allow you in when they know you're actually on confinement?? They say its some kinda 'bad luck'. And some ppl, wont want to enter into our room. Unless after confinement. So........ think offer prayers should wait till our confinement. I actually asked my hub to go Bugis temple on behalf of me. =) God will understand...

Thanks ivy;)

xicloudix

my grandma told me cannot go temple or bai bai at home... even hubby also cannot coz he "enter" the confinement - "dirty" room/ house....

as for now, my sister in law juz gave birth... and this coming CNY we can't go temple and can't bai tian kong....

Verona's

I think can't also leh , i remember last time having period also can't pray because of lochia if i am not wrong maybe still have other reason :)

wenwen

My mother in law say it's ok to go temple or church, just that we where got time to go. The little baby will cry every few hours, might as well spend the time at home to catch some quality sleep.

iwan2noe

hmm I only know cannot kneel down when pregnant..
There's many sch of thoughts:p

Last edited:

yvonne_ktw

from what i've learnt is you cannot go outside bai bai but your own god you can even if you are doing confinment or mensus.

iwan2noe

from what i've learnt is you cannot go outside bai bai but your own god you can even if you are doing confinment or mensus.

So many diff sch of thoughts.. Hmm...

How abt bb? If bb nv cut hair during full mth can bring to temple pray?

yvonne_ktw

So many diff sch of thoughts.. Hmm...

How about baby? If baby never cut hair during full month can bring to temple pray?
oh, i just asked my MIL She says for our hubby can bai bai but we cannot even thou it's our own house baibai.

FOr babies, boi is so long hit 30days liao then can go temple le and gers is 40days regardless if you got cut hair or not does not matter. (these are claim by my MIL)

iwan2noe

oh, i just asked my mother in law She says for our hubby can bai bai but we cannot even thou it's our own house baibai.

FOr babies, boi is so long hit 30days then can go temple and gers is 40days regardless if you got cut hair or not does not matter. (these are claim by my mother in law)

Thanks Yvonne_ktw. :)

iwan2noe

no pro dear, but these are what my mother in law claim. . Maybe other ppl have other concept. Cause , i no hear before what boy is 30days and ger is 40days oh. hehe. . .

You want me ask my sister's mother in law for more advice?

Can if u dun mind asking ur mil for more advice?
Thanks so much;)

yvonne_ktw

Can if you dont mind asking your mother in law for more advice?
Thanks so much;)
Sure, i'll ask my sister to ask hers liao then let yuo know. Diff ppl may have diff stories then it's up to individual to believe liao le. =)
You having confinment now? Take care ya~

thepinkdot

actually my in laws didn't allow any praying for the confinement month.. only after the 40 days then can go back temple and thank.

iwan2noe

Sure, i'll ask my sister to ask hers then let yuo know. Diff ppl may have diff stories then it's up to individual to believe . =)
You having confinment now? Take care ya~

No, hee.. Over le but wanna go temple da xie sheng ming:)
how abt u?

yvonne_ktw

No, hee.. Over but wanna go temple da xie sheng ming:)
how about you?
My sister says from what she know is like what you know. The baby have to cut their hair then can go visit temple. By right is botak but now adays they just cut "yi ge yi shi" then counted as cut liao.

For my son actually i mai him to cut de but my FIL insist baby must cut then aiya, cut lor but was heng that i let him shave botak because those white dead skin fall off when shaving so at least those dirty white dead skin are off from his hair now bah. But i didn't shave his eyebrown.
For my son his hair grow very very slow till now still very little. HAHA then ppl advise me 4month also shave, 12month also shave and it will grow more but i still don't want. hehe. .

For me, by right is buddist BUT, from birth to now i have visit temple yet. keke. . .