Can share your household budgeting tool/spreadsheet?

cocraze

Hi, I know this may be sensitive, but I'm trying to figure out how best to manage the household expenses (we are getting our own place and moving in the next few months. Past 4 years stay with inlaws so household budgeting not reliable)

To those mummies who are willing to share your personal household budgeting tool/table/spreadsheet, can you email to me if possible? My email is cocraze[AT]hotmail.com. Best if it has list of expenditure items (including child's expenditure for baby supplies&edcation needs) and esimated budget set aside. On monthly or annual basis also can.

Many many thanks in advance!!!

stonston

I don't think ppl will share their spreadsheet with you unless what you want is a blank template.

If you need to know about new house expenses (HOUSE ONLY), I can give you a rough breakdown:
Housing loan: Mine is all covered by CPF, some ppl I know have to fork out cash cos their CPF not enough to cover the installments due to high flat price.
Reno loan: Only if you intend to take. I did not take reno loan so no need to worry about this.
Property Tax: I'm not too sure how much it is yet cos we moved in recently and yet to get any bills on this. But based on what my neighbours told me, it's few hundreds a year.
Conservancy (by Town Council): Depending on which area and type of house. Can range from $30 - $80 a month. Mine is a 4rm at Punggol, around $60 per mth. My parent's 5rm unit at Hougang is around $70+ a mth.
Utilities: Depends on how much you use. I turn on aircon almost 24 hours a day. day time always got ppl at home using laptop or watching tv, we bake alot. Our bill hovers around $150 - $180.
Internet/Cable TV/Home Phone line: We took Starhub's package which is cheaper. $80/mth. This includes: 4 basic channels plus VV drama, 2mbps internet, free mobile internet, home phone line with private number.
Home insurance: The basic package is compulsory. We topped up for a better package which covers renovation and electrical appliances and alot more. Basic is $70/yr. Top up $180/yr.
Groceries: again, this can vary ALOT. when we used to go my mum's place for dinner every day and only cook on weekends, our grocery bill, excluding my boy's milk/diapers is around $150 per month. Now that we cook 3 meals a day and most of the time my parents come over to eat, our monthly grocery bill increased to $400/mth.

Other things like personal insurance all that is up to individuals. Plus other spending like child's education, etc is different for different families.

But based on the above items needed for the house, you can roughly plan your $$. For us we stayed at a rental place before we got our flat so we already know all the related expenses.

cocraze

I dont't think ppl will share their spreadsheet with you unless what you want is a blank template.

If you need to know about new house expenses (HOUSE ONLY), I can give you a rough breakdown:
Housing loan: Mine is all covered by CPF, some ppl I know have to fork out cash cos their CPF not enough to cover the installments due to high flat price.
Reno loan: Only if you intend to take. I did not take reno loan so no need to worry about this.
Property Tax: I'm not too sure how much it is yet cos we moved in recently and yet to get any bills on this. But based on what my neighbours told me, it's few hundreds a year.
Conservancy (by Town Council): Depending on which area and type of house. Can range from $30 - $80 a month. Mine is a 4rm at Punggol, around [you]$60 per month[/you]. My parent's 5rm unit at Hougang is around $70+ a month.
Utilities: Depends on how much you use. I turn on aircon almost 24 hours a day. day time always got ppl at home using laptop or watching tv, we bake alot. Our bill hovers around $150 - [you]$180[/you].
Internet/Cable TV/Home Phone line: We took Starhub's package which is cheaper. [you]$80/month[/you]. This includes: 4 basic channels plus VV drama, 2mbps internet, free mobile internet, home phone line with private number.
Home insurance: The basic package is compulsory. We topped up for a better package which covers renovation and electrical appliances and alot more. Basic is [you]$70/yr[/you]. Top up [you]$180/yr[/you].
Groceries: again, this can vary ALOT. when we used to go my mum's place for dinner every day and only cook on weekends, our grocery bill, excluding my boy's milk/diapers is around $150 per month. Now that we cook 3 meals a day and most of the time my parents come over to eat, our monthly grocery bill increased to [you]$400/month[/you].

Other things like personal insurance all that is up to individuals. Plus other spending like child's education, etc is different for different families.

But based on the above items needed for the house, you can roughly plan your $$. For us we stayed at a rental place before we got our flat so we already know all the related expenses.
Thanks for sharing, yah I meant a blank template, and sharing the estimates for your case helps a lot too!
Thanks again!