Can u tell?

LoVeS

From ur little ones' crying or scream or behave can u ACTUALLY tells wat he/she wans? Or do u need to trial n error?

Seriously for me till now i still cant tell wat he wan straight when he crying coz be it hungry or need to change diaper or wanna slp his behavior n crying is the same JUZ tt i knw he always wan to slp after his bath~

Sumtimes i juz feel sux manz like as if i am a shitty mummy tt doesnt even understand my own son wat he wans while so many mummies ard can tell. :embarrassed:

Mrs Xie

From ur little ones' crying or scream or behave can u ACTUALLY tells wat he/she wans? Or do u need to trial n error?

Seriously for me till now i still cant tell wat he wan straight when he crying coz be it hungry or need to change diaper or wanna slp his behavior n crying is the same JUZ tt i knw he always wan to slp after his bath~

Sumtimes i juz feel sux manz like as if i am a shitty mummy tt doesnt even understand my own son wat he wans while so many mummies ard can tell. :embarrassed:
Hey LoVeS, dun say that.... my dd is currently 6mth-old and it takes me 4 mths to understand what she really wants when she crys or making noises.... I was feeling frustrated and helpless too at the beginning... but after some time, I finally "catches the ball"...... trial n error.... yeah.... I'm doing these all along, sometimes a full bottle of milk have to throw away when she doesn't really ask for milk... but these will pass, don't worry.... I'm sure you will "catch the ball" too soon. JIA YOU :Dancing_wub:

ditsypixie

hey loVeS,
dnt despair ok?
does ur boy cry vrey long for all occasions?
my 1st boy was also like tat.mine i tink was far worst..kept crying like nobody's biz..as i was a sahm at tat time,i had to carry him on my chest to sleep wif him,even at nite!!pacifying him alone was diff le.but i took in advices from everywhere,books,magazines,parents n in laws..
now for my 2nd boy,he's so different frm his brother..very quiet..*touch wood*(i very pantang)a lot of my frens say im very lucky but they dnt noe wat i went thru for my 1st one.i tink experience also plays a part.
take ur time to learn,to adapt..dnt pressurize urself..need help just let me noe,k?:Dancing_wub:i will try help in any way i can coz i noe how frustrating it can be..

rykiel

hey lady.. for me my ds is now 21months .. i still got to guess what he wants.. cos he doesnt know how to talk.. not even kal me.. all he can do is point.. and at times when he's frustrated or impatient he doesn't wana point.. he just kick n kick n stomp around.. dun fret.. all mommies got to trail n error der.. *cheERrSs*

priscilla

Well, it takes a while before you can tell. i believe you are a good mother.

LoVeS

hey lady.. for me my ds is now 21months .. i still got to guess what he wants.. cos he doesnt know how to talk.. not even kal me.. all he can do is point.. and at times when he's frustrated or impatient he doesn't wana point.. he just kick n kick n stomp around.. dun fret.. all mommies got to trail n error der.. *cheERrSs*
same lor i need to trial n error then i will knw wat he wans coz his crying n behavior is always the same regardless is hungry or diaper need to change OR wanna slp :embarrassed:

jedamum

i am with my ds2 almost 24/7 and can read him. and cos he doesn't cry or throw tantrum for no reason, so it is pretty easy to read his needs.

unless he cry in his sleep...then that is another story....

LoVeS

hey loVeS,
dnt despair ok?
does ur boy cry vrey long for all occasions?
my 1st boy was also like tat.mine i tink was far worst..kept crying like nobody's biz..as i was a sahm at tat time,i had to carry him on my chest to sleep wif him,even at nite!!pacifying him alone was diff le.but i took in advices from everywhere,books,magazines,parents n in laws..
now for my 2nd boy,he's so different frm his brother..very quiet..*touch wood*(i very pantang)a lot of my frens say im very lucky but they dnt noe wat i went thru for my 1st one.i tink experience also plays a part.
take ur time to learn,to adapt..dnt pressurize urself..need help just let me noe,k?:Dancing_wub:i will try help in any way i can coz i noe how frustrating it can be..
Ya my ds cry very long if we didnt meet his needs or things he wan for all the time.:embarrassed:

Agnes Josephine

Loves,

I agreed as what the other mummies mentioned... Don't over stress yourself... I also take months to totally understand his cries... So don't be despair... Cheers :)

Ting

most of the time i can. but nowadays she is teething so she cries n make noise for nth. just wan attention.

mamemo

Hey LoVes,

it's normal...dun stress yourself over it ! Your DS is still a baby and since he still cannot talk, it's normal for us parents to use trial and error to see what he wants...Dun stress ok! Every baby goes through this and you'll need to wait until about 2 years old when he can verbalise what he wants...still a long way to go !

Hmm...how about thinking that it's a good way for DS to strengthen his lungs by crying?? Well, that's the Ah Q way of thinking that we adopt when my DS was a baby! :D

LoVeS

Hey LoVes,

it's normal...dun stress yourself over it ! Your DS is still a baby and since he still cannot talk, it's normal for us parents to use trial and error to see what he wants...Dun stress ok! Every baby goes through this and you'll need to wait until about 2 years old when he can verbalise what he wants...still a long way to go !

Hmm...how about thinking that it's a good way for DS to strengthen his lungs by crying?? Well, that's the Ah Q way of thinking that we adopt when my DS was a baby! :D
tks alot for the console but it seem like most mummies can understand wat their bb wan even w/o bb telling the mummies wat they wan WHICH i cant tats why i feel kinda sad over it.:embarrassed:

Mrs Xie

tks alot for the console but it seem like most mummies can understand wat their bb wan even w/o bb telling the mummies wat they wan WHICH i cant tats why i feel kinda sad over it.:embarrassed:
Maybe your ds just wanna earn your attention... some babies do... my dd oso do that sometimes.... :tlaugh:

Celina

yes i supposed,

Yelling means MILK time
Crying on n off means he wants to sleep yet dun wana go to bed
fidgets n shout means he doesnt like the positions he is in at that moment
Shout n yell on n off means he wants attention
moving around non stop means CARRY time

Is this clear ?

LoVeS

yes i supposed,

Yelling means MILK time
Crying on n off means he wants to sleep yet dun wana go to bed
fidgets n shout means he doesnt like the positions he is in at that moment
Shout n yell on n off means he wants attention
moving around non stop means CARRY time

Is this clear ?
FYI not all babies are the same...like my ds he cry the same way regardless watever he wans so the info u provide cant help me at all even though u xplain so much.

Mrs Xie

FYI not all babies are the same...like my ds he cry the same way regardless watever he wans so the info u provide cant help me at all even though u xplain so much.
Yeah... all babies are different... just like we adults.... but I'm sure you will be able to know what exactly your ds wants as time goes by :tlaugh: