Can we eat food with vinegar??

Jesslyntey

Thanks for ur reply.. I was craving of LoMee and just before I could go and queue up my sis in law tell me LoMee got vinegar. I really dunno if is alright to eat it. And I can find much in for from google.

apollo

why not? i eat almost everything i craved during pregnancy even ice cream, bubble tea etc etc...

panpan

i think should be okay.. coz i eat xiao long pao pretty often with vinegar. hurhurhur

what I heard is some say is that black vinegar will make bb black black.. but there's no scientific basis to it. :001_302:

Again, all food in moderation!

xiaodaisy

why not !! i tink most of pregnant mummies like it sourish .. lol

i always ask them to add extra vinegar and i had 1 bottle at home to add more if i tink its not sour enuff haha ..

pixie

When I was expecting, my intake of vinegar had 'up' quite a fair bit as I was craving for sour stuff especially in my 3rd trimester. So I will ask for extra vinegar or help myself with few soup spoonful in my lormee or add it to my xiao long bao (aka steam dumplings) :)

Jesslyntey

When I was expecting, my intake of vinegar had 'up' quite a fair bit as I was craving for sour stuff especially in my 3rd trimester. So I will ask for extra vinegar or help myself with few soup spoonful in my lormee or add it to my xiao long bao (aka steam dumplings) :)
hi there,

im not too sure can take vinegar or not but according to some old folks they believe that vinegar will shrink your uterus thats why alot of confinement dish are cooked with vinegar. . . i think eat moderately should be fine.

sometime i will craving for cold drink like bubble tea but i dun dare to take.. sigh.. plus my TCM ( traditional chinese medical ) doctor gave me a list of food i shouldnt take like watermelon, banana, papaya, coconut, green tea, bubble tea, tea and coffee, alcohol drink, and anything that cook with "tang gui". .. plus there are some fish we have to avoid and my MIL told me cant take my lamb meat, and crab.... sigh.. i really headache when come to food..

panpan

hi there,

im not too sure can take vinegar or not but according to some old folks they believe that vinegar will shrink your uterus thats why alot of confinement dish are cooked with vinegar. . . i think eat moderately should be fine.

sometime i will craving for cold drink like bubble tea but i dun dare to take.. sigh.. plus my TCM ( traditional chinese medical ) doctor gave me a list of food i shouldnt take like watermelon, banana, papaya, coconut, green tea, bubble tea, tea and coffee, alcohol drink, and anything that cook with "tang gui". .. plus there are some fish we have to avoid and my MIL told me cant take my lamb meat, and crab.... sigh.. i really headache when come to food..
wha.... i think i'll be breaking all of your food taboo leh.. i had all of them when i was preggy (except for alcohol and sharkfins).. (and bb is still all well and good!) hahahaha.. IMO, everything in moderation can already, unless got medical reasons..

Hi,

Everything in moderation is best!

I went against all the taboos too during my pregnancy. A lot of people say cannot drink coffee cos baby will have dark skin, hubby heard that said then cannot drink plain water or the baby will be translucent.

I drank coffee on alternate days and allowed myself coke occasionally. I definitely drank a lot of cold drinks and ice cream even...weather her so hot! I cannot tahan.

I showered on the 2nd and 3rd day after delivery.

During confinement, i wore spaghetti strap tops and shorts and showered everyday without the herbs, only thing is i never turn on the fan but aircon on lo.

So far, i don't see any 'side effects' but many believe they will come in old age so i think its what you believe eventually.

xiaodaisy

Hi,

Everything in moderation is best!

I went against all the taboos too during my pregnancy. A lot of people say cannot drink coffee cos baby will have dark skin, hubby heard that said then cannot drink plain water or the baby will be translucent.

I drank coffee on alternate days and allowed myself coke occasionally. I definitely drank a lot of cold drinks and ice cream even...weather her so hot! I cannot tahan.

I showered on the 2nd and 3rd day after delivery.

During confinement, i wore spaghetti strap tops and shorts and showered everyday without the herbs, only thing is i never turn on the fan but aircon on lo.

So far, i don't see any 'side effects' but many believe they will come in old age so i think its what you believe eventually.
that myth u hubby heard made me laugh .. lol !! first time hearing that haha ..

i believe come in old age bah , for me , i'm starting to feel the aching within a few yrs after my boys was out but cant blame cos i choose not to do a proper confinement myself =x lol

cn211279

I think it depends on your body.... I eat anything/everything during my pregnancy except alcohol. I even ate some sashimi (don't dare to eat too much), watermelon, drink coconut juice and my baby came out fine. But my sister-in-law had a lot of restrictions as eating "cooling" stuff will cause her to spot.

So I believe everything in moderation and listen to your body...