Can we still trust Singapore Post?

1568mummy

My boys are fantastic today. Completely heavenly. But I AM BURNING HOT WITH FURY RIGHT NOW!

One of my beloved reader, out of kindness, bought the Green Cow 'talking' piggy bank from me.

Its my duty and its the perfectionist in me that I WILL make sure that every single order is in good condition and 'talking' BEFORE I send them out. For 7years of being in MY OWN retail business, I know the IMPORTANCE of customer satisfaction and I value it with all my heart.

Ever since I posted the 'talking' piggy banks on my blog, I do not have many buyers, but I have repeat orders from the same buyers. ALL BECAUSE THEY LOVED WHAT THEY SAW!

Meaning, the piggy banks reached them as good as it has left my hands before I passed it over at the Singapore Post counter.

But....

Yesterday, I received an email from the above reader of my blog. She was so nice. She even tried to hide the condition of the box from me. She merely wrote, "Angeline, there were no battries. Can you send me the batteries please?"

I knew that it was IMPOSSIBLE! So I pressed for more info and only then did she tell me the state of the box and the condition of the piggy bank when she received it.

I was so pissed! So angry with Singapore Post when I saw the box at her house!

It was obviously ripped open. The lockable cover covering the batteries was taken out when she received the parcel. The cover can be 'locked', so it is IMPOSSIBLE that it dropped out! The batteries were gone and so was the instruction slip stating the position of the batteries.

IN MY OPINION, it was obvious that the batteries were stolen. The red plastic tab was gone. The one who stole the batteries obviously didn't want the receiver to know that it was battery operated and hence I presume that the instruction slip was taken out by the thief as well.

Don't think that this is a ridiculous presumption. Cos' it takes ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE to make this world!

Then the horns and the legs of the cow was so badly smashed. There were cushioning inside. But the cushioning were gone too!

AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I AM SENDING THIS!

If every piggy bank was in such a condition, do you think I will still have so many repeat orders???!!!

So THIS PARTICULAR one was truly sabotaged!

Called Sing Post immediately! After talking over the phone for a good 5 mins, the worst reply I got from the customer service was, "It was your decision to send by post and there is nothing we can do. But you could go down to the branch office and lodge a case."

And so we went. Luckily I took photos of the damage before we lodge the complain, because they TOOK THE EVIDENCE away, which is reasonable anyway.

She put the blame on us. Saying that our box is too fragile and that we did not put fragile stickers all over the box.

Damn! I have sent out SOOOOOOOO MANY IN THAT CONDITION and none of them were in such a state! Its so obvious that that particular guy didn't handle it properly, putting some HEAVY STUFF ON TOP OF IT! So HEAVY until my box GAVE WAY and squashed my cow!

"So can you guaran-damn-tee that after I put all the fragile stickers on the box, this will NOT HAPPEN??!" I challenged her.

"No I can't. But at least you've got a case to fight then." She argued.

HOW THEN CAN I STILL TRUST SINGAPORE POST?!!!

So now what?! I still have orders yet to send out. They were suppose to be sent out today. Now I don't even know what I should do.

Message for all those who are waiting for their piggy banks to be sent out:-

"I will be sending you an email asking for a confirmation. Making sure that you know what had happen. If you still wish to send by post, I respect your decision. I guarantee that the condition of the piggy banks are in good condition and 'talking' before I send them to the Singapore Post. But I CANNOT GUARANTEE that the piggy banks will reach you in the state in which they left my hands, especially after this incident. Reply my email and let me know your decision."

*AAaarrrggghhhh* I hate to have unhappy customers! Hate it!

You can see the photos here

joeichen

My boys are fantastic today. Completely heavenly. But I AM BURNING HOT WITH FURY RIGHT NOW!

One of my beloved reader, out of kindness, bought the Green Cow 'talking' piggy bank from me.

Its my duty and its the perfectionist in me that I WILL make sure that every single order is in good condition and 'talking' BEFORE I send them out. For 7years of being in MY OWN retail business, I know the IMPORTANCE of customer satisfaction and I value it with all my heart.

Ever since I posted the 'talking' piggy banks on my blog, I do not have many buyers, but I have repeat orders from the same buyers. ALL BECAUSE THEY LOVED WHAT THEY SAW!

Meaning, the piggy banks reached them as good as it has left my hands before I passed it over at the Singapore Post counter.

But....

Yesterday, I received an email from the above reader of my blog. She was so nice. She even tried to hide the condition of the box from me. She merely wrote, "Angeline, there were no battries. Can you send me the batteries please?"

I knew that it was IMPOSSIBLE! So I pressed for more info and only then did she tell me the state of the box and the condition of the piggy bank when she received it.

I was so pissed! So angry with Singapore Post when I saw the box at her house!

It was obviously ripped open. The lockable cover covering the batteries was taken out when she received the parcel. The cover can be 'locked', so it is IMPOSSIBLE that it dropped out! The batteries were gone and so was the instruction slip stating the position of the batteries.

IN MY OPINION, it was obvious that the batteries were stolen. The red plastic tab was gone. The one who stole the batteries obviously didn't want the receiver to know that it was battery operated and hence I presume that the instruction slip was taken out by the thief as well.

Don't think that this is a ridiculous presumption. Cos' it takes ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE to make this world!

Then the horns and the legs of the cow was so badly smashed. There were cushioning inside. But the cushioning were gone too!

AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I AM SENDING THIS!

If every piggy bank was in such a condition, do you think I will still have so many repeat orders???!!!

So THIS PARTICULAR one was truly sabotaged!

Called Sing Post immediately! After talking over the phone for a good 5 mins, the worst reply I got from the customer service was, "It was your decision to send by post and there is nothing we can do. But you could go down to the branch office and lodge a case."

And so we went. Luckily I took photos of the damage before we lodge the complain, because they TOOK THE EVIDENCE away, which is reasonable anyway.

She put the blame on us. Saying that our box is too fragile and that we did not put fragile stickers all over the box.

Damn! I have sent out SOOOOOOOO MANY IN THAT CONDITION and none of them were in such a state! Its so obvious that that particular guy didn't handle it properly, putting some HEAVY STUFF ON TOP OF IT! So HEAVY until my box GAVE WAY and squashed my cow!

"So can you guaran-damn-tee that after I put all the fragile stickers on the box, this will NOT HAPPEN??!" I challenged her.

"No I can't. But at least you've got a case to fight then." She argued.

HOW THEN CAN I STILL TRUST SINGAPORE POST?!!!

So now what?! I still have orders yet to send out. They were suppose to be sent out today. Now I don't even know what I should do.

Message for all those who are waiting for their piggy banks to be sent out:-

"I will be sending you an email asking for a confirmation. Making sure that you know what had happen. If you still wish to send by post, I respect your decision. I guarantee that the condition of the piggy banks are in good condition and 'talking' before I send them to the Singapore Post. But I CANNOT GUARANTEE that the piggy banks will reach you in the state in which they left my hands, especially after this incident. Reply my email and let me know your decision."

*AAaarrrggghhhh* I hate to have unhappy customers! Hate it!

You can see the photos here

This look bad.
But currently thr is only sing post to mail item other than private shld is ex.
Cant we do anyting abt it?
Write in to the higher authority? media?
Tis cant be forgive coz we trust them wif our item buy yet... Muz tink of something.

Catty

Wow! :eek:

From the photo's of the coin banks can see is really very serious, maybe you might wanna post your unhappiness to "The Newspaper" or etc?

Goverment is like tat de if you don't make things big, they won't even bother to gave you a good explaination or apologise to you..

1568mummy

they are supposed to give me a reply today...
hopefully its a good one!
no calls from them yet....
*fingers crossed*

and this is what I did for today's postage.
go see photos here
some of my customers still wished to send their orders through them, so I respect their decision and I displayed my super kiasuism by putting 'FRAGILE, Handle with care' on all 6sides!

*fingers crossed*
hope it works.....

lisa_ng

wonder if you pass these packages to the counter or post them in the mail boxes outside?

i received a few cases of cracked for the past 6mos.
before was all so fine, none was cracked.
now i always pass to the registered mail counter.
and that i wrapped with layers of bubble wrap.
ok lah did improve, though still have one cracked case recently.

singpost service kind of bad nowadays.

juz yesterday receive an email from customer saying she haven't got to receive her order which was mailed on 29/4 by registered article.
only to realise that they attempted delivery but to no one was around.
but my customer did not receive any card left at the door.
was lucky that she email me to check, else the package may have be in singpost for good.

wonder if your customers did experience receiving their order after or more than 3 days after you've mailed?
i realise some areas, seems to take longer than it should.
which i understand suppose to reach the recipent the following if mail before a certain time (was it 3pm?).

but har your case is really not acceptable.
hope they will give you a reasonable reply soon.

1568mummy

sorry ah, I am so hot again today.
can I grumble a little before I answer your questions?

another customer called me yesterday,
cos 2 of her parcels were damaged too.
and I realised its by the SAME BRANCH!!!
YISHUN!!!
So now they are investigating on the guys over there.
*Arraggghhhh*

they are BIG!!!
they MUST be passed over the counter, can't fit into the mail boxes outside.

did you see the new post on my blog? How Kiasu I was with the items I sent out yesterday? *laugh*

NOW I think if it still happens, I should have a case to fight already then...
*humph*

nope!
all my customers receive their orders within 1-2 working days.
errr... I often send out my orders when my boys are in school...
usually before 11am
so I don't know if the cut off time is 3pm...

wonder if you pass these packages to the counter or post them in the mail boxes outside?

i received a few cases of cracked for the past 6mos.
before was all so fine, none was cracked.
now i always pass to the registered mail counter.
and that i wrapped with layers of bubble wrap.
ok lah did improve, though still have one cracked case recently.

singpost service kind of bad nowadays.

juz yesterday receive an email from customer saying she haven't got to receive her order which was mailed on 29/4 by registered article.
only to realise that they attempted delivery but to no one was around.
but my customer did not receive any card left at the door.
was lucky that she email me to check, else the package may have be in singpost for good.

wonder if your customers did experience receiving their order after or more than 3 days after you've mailed?
i realise some areas, seems to take longer than it should.
which i understand suppose to reach the recipent the following if mail before a certain time (was it 3pm?).

but har your case is really not acceptable.
hope they will give you a reasonable reply soon.

lisa_ng

sorry ah, I am so hot again today.
can I grumble a little before I answer your questions?

another customer called me yesterday,
cos 2 of her parcels were damaged too.
and I realised its by the SAME BRANCH!!!
YISHUN!!!
So now they are investigating on the guys over there.
*Arraggghhhh*

they are BIG!!!
they MUST be passed over the counter, can't fit into the mail boxes outside.

did you see the new post on my blog? How Kiasu I was with the items I sent out yesterday? *laugh*

NOW I think if it still happens, I should have a case to fight already then...
*humph*

nope!
all my customers receive their orders within 1-2 working days.
errr... I often send out my orders when my boys are in school...
usually before 11am
so I don't know if the cut off time is 3pm...
saw the wrapping.. should be quite enough i suppose.
eh.. same here. most of my mails are post in yishun branch.
wonder what happens to those packages after we left them at the counter.

haiz.. i'm sourcing for a cheap and good courier service as an alternative to my customers now.
i was upset with singpost even more after we sent some boxes of stuffs through singpost to my sis in aus.
even a cpu casing got badly cracked and some other stuffs were missing.
no case for us as was told off that we should be opening the boxes to check at australia post immediately which how many of us will do that. :(

1568mummy

oh boy!
tell me about overseas mail man!!!
my friend in Australia misses chilli sauce
so her family sent her those 'packet' chilli sauce
in the end
guess what reached her?
the OPENED PACKETS of completely squeezed dry chilli sauce

*faint*
reasoning was, the customs over there need to check if there are drugs in the packet..... *faint*

saw the wrapping.. should be quite enough i suppose.
eh.. same here. most of my mails are post in yishun branch.
wonder what happens to those packages after we left them at the counter.

haiz.. i'm sourcing for a cheap and good courier service as an alternative to my customers now.
i was upset with singpost even more after we sent some boxes of stuffs through singpost to my sis in aus.
even a cpu casing got badly cracked and some other stuffs were missing.
no case for us as was told off that we should be opening the boxes to check at australia post immediately which how many of us will do that. :(

Ottermum

Australia cannot send foodstuff over...their customs very strict one...usually will throw away the whole thing n give warnings to the recipient...

New Zealand also...

1568mummy

*sigh*
ya... too bad we found this out through the 'bad' way....
so after that 'chili' incident, we didn't send anymore...

Australia cannot send foodstuff over...their customs very strict one...usually will throw away the whole thing n give warnings to the recipient...

New Zealand also...

1568mummy

Sing Post has compensated me for the damage.
The compensation was sent to my doorstep today.

Need I explain further as to who was at fault?

I can only say, I'm happy with their decision.

Case is now Closed.

racheltan

The way they handle the mails and packages is quite rough at times, I have my bad experiences too, but yours is much more serious.

They want everything to be fast and accurate, but I would prefer if they don't rush, handle properly, and I dun mind the stuff arrive a day later in good condition. Now I have to meet up and pass the stuffs personally, not much choice.

aloy

I agree. all packages recently received are roughly handled.:eek:

Recently was buying alot of things online.
Was expecting a book. Waited a week , still no sight of it.
Singpost either lost my book or sent to the wrong household. :embarrassed:

lousy service.

apollo

there's once my hubby bought a carebear online for me and sent to his hse (not married yet) den waited for more than a week still haven reach lo...

tot is lost mail liao but one day saw the carebear in his mailbox.. it turn out tt the whole packaging torn!!!!!!! torn till the extend it's machiam ppl tear off de lo... but Singapore Post got put in into a transparent plastic b4 sending it to us...