caring n carrying baby alone....

Lana17

You can also try feeding her abit to get her to sleep.

During the first mth, my baby girl would cry & cry, then one day my mom suggested why not feed her abit of milk? So we gave her about 1/4 of her usual feeding amt, and she really dozed off after drinking that little bit! Can try giving her water instead if she drank her milk not too long ago. Or gripe water.

Until today (baby 5mths now), I would give her a drink if I see her getting frustrated unable to fall sleep. Works wonders! Like adults who drink warm milk if they cannot sleep, maybe some babies also need to have that warm, full satisfied feeling in their tummy in order to fall asleep hehe.
might be difficult to give 1/4of the usual feeding as i bf my baby... he will fall asleep after he has finished, n will be slightly be awake when i burp him, try to put him to sleep but then will wake up once being put down on his cot.. :(

pretty sure my baby is full after feeding..it's juz tht he wants to be carried to sleep

if your baby is fine and asleep after breastfeed, burping may not be necessary. Can try to carry him in a more upright position for sometime while he is deep into sleep and put him back on bed

might be difficult to give 1/4of the usual feeding as i bf my baby... he will fall asleep after he has finished, n will be slightly be awake when i burp him, try to put him to sleep but then will wake up once being put down on his cot.. :(

pretty sure my baby is full after feeding..it's juz tht he wants to be carried to sleep
You have a bedtime routine? I find once routine is established, even if put baby in cot awake and wiggling, he fell asleep by himself soon after. That said, day time naps I still can't get my baby into routine, haha

Lana17

hesitate to burp my bb sometime after his night feed when he is/ seems well asleep..
ok cos i thought it's better to burp baby after each feed to burp out the air,more comfortable for bb...

Lana17

You have a bedtime routine? I find once routine is established, even if put baby in cot awake and wiggling, he fell asleep by himself soon after. That said, day time naps I still can't get my baby into routine, haha
not much of a pb for bb to sleep at night.. it's only during day time tht he needs to be carried most of the time.. wondering y day time seems much more difficult for him to sleep on his own...

my night time routine is sponge bath, change to PJ, feed n then bed.. so far ok.. but day time no specific, feed play with bb and then if he look sleepy to tire, try to put/ carry him to sleep

FirstMummy

Could it be wind..? My two month old bb used to be like that when she's ard 5weeks old...once carried then she's fine..till I bring her see pd n found that she got wind..then I will burp her at least 2-3 times...then now she can sleep easily without carried in the afternoon... N sleep thru the night from 11pm to 7.30am... Sometimes is the wind coz maybe they are too young.. We don't really burp them well... Maybe it's really the wind..?

Ivy Miao

I was in ur situation. Exactly the same. Newborn was light. So I carried my daughter when I have to feed my 2yr old son. With no helper at home and husband working, I have to manage everything myself. I carry daughter even when eating and put her on my chest when she sleep. So she practically slept on my chest for 3months. Everything got better on her 3rd month. Onli manage to put her down when husband is back. But she literally just want me to carry. Husband carry also no use. Was rushing for shower at night when husband is back. Once she fell deep deep deep slp on my chest, then I place her on bed with mobile musical on. The music didn't work at first. Slowly she accept the music. She's 6mths old now and is really gluey to me.. that's Why got depression for first 4mth.. Lolx... better now though.. all u have to do is to endure.. I dun like yao lan.. so didn't put her in it. But u can try if u really really have no choice.

Lana17

Could it be wind..? My two month old bb used to be like that when she's ard 5weeks old...once carried then she's fine..till I bring her see pd n found that she got wind..then I will burp her at least 2-3 times...then now she can sleep easily without carried in the afternoon... N sleep thru the night from 11pm to 7.30am... Sometimes is the wind coz maybe they are too young.. We don't really burp them well... Maybe it's really the wind..?
not sure if it's wind .. i suspect tht be got acid reflux now but not sure *sigh* i do burp everytime after feed ...
but even before this, he wants to be carried all the time..

when i brought him to doc few weeks ago, doc said as long as he is gaining weight n eating well, nothing to worry abt, will outgrow when he gets oldet :s

sjchan

I also face the same problem when my baby gal < 2 months old. I need to carry her when she awake or sleep.When I put her down after she sleep,she will wake up easily. Try yao lan but need to "yao" non stop. I try to put her on the rocker/bouncer, then talk/sing to her. Initially she cry non stop no matter how I do. Slowly when she about 2 months old, she cry lesser and lesser and can play/interact with me when she lay down on the rocker. Now she 8 months old, can play herself, seldom cry for hug hug, as long as I beside her. She also can sleep well every time I put her on baby cot, just need to pat pat her, and sing to her.