Carrying the elder while preggy with second

baby pann nu

Hi, I have 9 months old girl and now 11wks preggy with #2. I have a little spotting at 5wks and gynae prescribes me injection and medication till now and put me on bed rest.. no spotting for two weeks now and ultrasound show the baby is doing very fine.. I wanted to know whether i can carry my girl again.. my MIL and hubby prohibited me to do so.. She weights 9kg and a bit playful.. I stop carrying her since I know I got preg. She is so much attached to my maid now and refuse me whenever I go near to her.. That's really heartbreaking :(.. I don't want her attached to stranger other than parent.. and the maid can leave us anytime.. Pls advise me..

ast0212

Hi baby pann nu, your spotting in week 5 could have been due to implantation bleeding which is really very normal. But since your pregnancy is in the early stages, it's good to take it easy if possible. Maybe sit down when your daughter wants to be carried?

I know it's hard :( I carried my son since the beginning of my pregnancy till now (33 weeks) and it gets tiring these days and uncomfortable too especially with pregnancy back pain! So whenever I can I'll sit down to cuddle him instead, usually during his whingey days.

carolinaw

You'd better stay with her more often with the maid around you. It's is safe if your girl not too naughty. You can read books together, tell bedtime stories for her, and paint together...etc, so she will not keep you at a distance.

Fadeela

Hi, I have 9 months old girl and now 11wks preggy with #2. I have a little spotting at 5wks and gynae prescribes me injection and medication till now and put me on bed rest.. no spotting for two weeks now and ultrasound show the baby is doing very fine.. I wanted to know whether i can carry my girl again.. my mother in law and hubby prohibited me to do so.. She weights 9kg and a bit playful.. I stop carrying her since I know I got preg. She is so much attached to my maid now and refuse me whenever I go near to her.. That's really heartbreaking :(.. I dont't want her attached to stranger other than parent.. and the maid can leave us anytime.. Pls advise me..
Hi Baby Pann Nu,

I have the same situation like you, im already 14 week pregnant & sometime do carry my 2 year old daughter who is around 18 kg(she is hyper active child). But everytime she wants me to carry i will carry a bit & sit down. about yr maid dont worry, yr daughter stays in yr stomach for 9 month... sleeps with you during pregnant they know their mummy, and i believe without yr maid yr girl will be ok.

I was advise by my mum that some times you shd have a bath together with yr child so that they will always remember you. And pls prevent yr maid to carry yr child always they will get too attached esp. babies carried in sling they have the warmth feeling from yr maid. And when you are free, do bring her to sleep with you.
Anyway I experience it as my maid went for home leave 2 weeks ago and my daughter was fine with me without any help. Didnt even look for her bibik(maid).

And i survive even with a bad MS.... so dont worry so much ok

Last edited: