Causes and Effect of single parenting on youths.

miinestoryy

Hi all,

I am currently doing a project about the causes and effect of single parenting on youths.
This are some of the question related to my topic.
Causes, What causes single parenting? Abuses, divorce, out of love, finances..etc?
Effects: Does being a single parent affect your children growth? Do you think your children will grow up being negative? Example, bullies because they lack of love? or they feel unwanted? taking drugs? etc..

So was thinking if you all can give me some help and suggestion on that topic, so i can write it in my report, its more like a sharing session
thank you for your kind support and i have no prejudices on single parents. =)

Regards
BiJun

Last edited:

christie06

hi, this is just my opinion... you may take it or not... i think your topic is a little bit confusing... the "cause" part is what i can't understand is it causes on how they become a single parent? ..for the effect i think you can break it down to effect of single parent to : gender and age group of the child...as for me i'm a product of single parent i have two siblings. at that time we were ages 8, 7, and 1year old...and the effect differs from each one of us... =)

miinestoryy

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my post!
Yea, i have edited my question for a better understanding.
And i think that the effect as a overall.

Cheers

amir

Hi all,

I am currently doing a project about the causes and effect of single parenting on youths.
This are some of the question related to my topic.
Causes, What causes single parenting? Abuses, divorce, out of love, finances..etc?
Effects: Does being a single parent affect your children growth? Do you think your children will grow up being negative? Example, bullies because they lack of love? or they feel unwanted? taking drugs? etc..

So was thinking if you all can give me some help and suggestion on that topic, so i can write it in my report, its more like a sharing session
thank you for your kind support and i have no prejudices on single parents. =)

Regards
BiJun

hey BiJun

i think the effects of single parenting on youths is quite severe. a child should be brought up by both a mother and father so that he can have a holistic development from both genders. also, the child would associate him or herself with the parent of the same gender and would upon that parent as a role model and example. however when the parent of the same gender to the child is missing the child has no choice but to look upon the parent of the opposite gender. this would in turn affect the child's ability to be a parent in future. futhermore, a child brought up by a single parent would always be envious of those around him who have both parents leading to the child reaching out for attention in most cases thorough negative behaviour.

thats all! btw my project was to participate in a forum of this exact topic so thanks !

regards,
amir

annloh65

I just met a friend who is a single mum. She said her son has been caught in school for fighting. One of the many things single mums have to deal with when there is no fatherly figure in the home... sigh..