cerceals for 4mths plus babys

esther82

hmmm my boi is currently 4 mths plus gg to b 5 mths is ther any mummy know whether can i gif my boi cereal wat brand etc...thx:Dancing_wub:

Carol

You can try heinz . It's not so sweet as compared to frisocream . You can add milk or water at own desire :001_302:

maine78

i give my ds nestle brown rice cereal when he's 5.5mths but i make it v watery n just for him to try eating w a spoon

MummyGrace

hmmm my boi is currently 4 mths plus gg to b 5 mths is ther any mummy know whether can i gif my boi cereal wat brand etc...thx:Dancing_wub:
Hi esther, I was told frm doc and even magazines that best is wait for baby til 6 mth den start weaning and less prone to allergy. And his first food should start with rice cereal coz it is more similar to milk. Milk is the best essential for baby below 6mths and you can increase his milk intake if he is hungry. Tats wat i did to my baby. Now he is soon 5 mths.

LoVeS

U haf to see if ur ds is ready for solid or not wor. Anyway i gave my ds when he is 4mth+ wif frisocreme then now changing to nestle BROWN cereal:tlaugh:

Mum2Matty

Hi dear, there's no hurry to intro cereal to your 4-5mth old bb unless PD really says it is necessary :)

p/s: please try not to post in all Caps, it's quite difficult to read :) Thx!

Joylucas

My ds oni started on cereals from 6 mths plus.

First with Nestle Rice cereal and now giving him Nestle cereal with apple and craneberry which he loves it.:smile:

justmint

My boy just reached 4mths.

Read from book it says should start now by giving him 1/4 spoon a day & let him gradually get use to semi-solid food.
So by 6th mth, he'll be able to accept it well.

I wonder how long did your bb take to accept semi-solid?

justmint

I've just started giving him cereal this 2days, he seems to be adapting well, but at times he feel frustrate that spoon feeding is slow.

my mom suggest to mix them into his milk & bottle feed him instead...did you gals do that??

I told her my purpose of starting cereal now is to let him get use to having cereal by spoon, not by bottle. But she still feels that feeding him by bottle will prevent him from getting frustrated...:eek:11:

esther82

hi justmint mayb u can try feedin him wif bottles 1st den slowly try to feed him wif spoon cos my son we oso do tat.Bt by de way hw big is ur child

justmint

Sorry, now then see your msg.
Been busy these days.

My boy now is going 6mth old next week.
He has manage to adapt to spoon feeding after 2weeks of trying once everyday. Now he enjoys it.

I wonder how much creal do you give as a meal?

cos now the amt I give is around 3~4 teaspoon with 60ml of milk for him as a pratice, its not enough as a meal..everytime after that I'll still need to feed him with 180ml of milk.

hi justmint mayb u can try feedin him wif bottles 1st den slowly try to feed him wif spoon cos my son we oso do tat.Bt by de way hw big is ur child