cereal is heaty?

chiro

dom,

my son also no like porridge..ahahhaha..

my baby no like porridge so eating oni cereal. i mix with veg puree too.. dont know why still like that...

poo hard been hard hard these few days. maybe should add more puree....

diymummy

Hi Juan, maybe you can try just brown rice or plain rice for your baby? If it's oatmeal that she's rejecting. Though my boy rejects the cereal I will still try to spoon it into his mouth until the whole bowl is almost empty... If he cries I will stop and let him drink milk. Usually if I feed 1 tablespoon of cereal, I will cut down 30ml of milk I am supposed to feed at that feeding.

snowbear

Hi diymummy, I tried the Healthy Times Barley rice cereal few weeks ago. Tried cooking according to the instruction, but somehow, not sure where I did wrong, end up the cereal has a course texture. After adding the milk powder is still course... I thought cereal should be smooth? May I know how to prepare the cereal?
There's no need to cook Healthy Times cereals. Just add milk or water. If it's still too thick, just add more water and stir. It shldn't be too coarse.

snowbear

morning meal - puree with cereal + biscuits
afternoon meal - same as above
dinner - just intro porridge with puree yesterday

after each meal he drinks (spoonfed) about 30ml or water
plus 1 day about 600-900 ml of milk.... (plus 5-10 ml water extra)

should not be water issue... maybe its fibre... fruits time!
If he's constipated, try to give more veg and intro fruits. U may wanna remove biscuits from his diet for the moment till he's pooing better.

snowbear

so, just let her eat some spoon oatmeal. Then till she reject then just let her reject, and feed the formula? how I know she is already full?
For 6mth old babies, they are still adapting to eating semisolids so they dun really rely on cereal or purees to be 'full'. If she rejects, just feed milk and try again next time. Usually babies just starting out eating solids will only take a few teaspoons of food then drink milk.

snowbear

My mum blended the oatmeal to powder, so I add the oatmeal powder to 90ml formula milk, and 1 scoop of brown rice cereal and cook under it become thicky (mandarin called "hu")
Right now, I feed by baby by adding the brown rice cereal to her formula milk and feed by bottle. Just worry she do not want to start the oatmeal.. And my baby is kind of like to vomit(split out) milk since she is born....
You may wanna try feeding the brown rice cereal (instead of oats since your bb doesn't like it) via spoon instead since your bb is ok with it. Try not to feed cereal via bottle as it is a choking hazard and also it is better to let your bb get used to the texture of food via spoon.

Juan

my girl started to eat the "Quacker" oatmeal which my mum had blended it to powder. I cook 3 teaspoon with Formula milk and add one spoon the brown rice powder. She can finish. Wanna try to introduce the Healthy time oatmeal cereal to her this week. Just want to check if I want to add in the sweet potato, I must puree it with blender and mix it to the oatmeal cereal? beside blender any other ways to puree the sweet potato?

snowbear

my girl started to eat the "Quacker" oatmeal which my mum had blended it to powder. I cook 3 teaspoon with Formula milk and add one spoon the brown rice powder. She can finish. Wanna try to introduce the Healthy time oatmeal cereal to her this week. Just want to check if I want to add in the sweet potato, I must puree it with blender and mix it to the oatmeal cereal? beside blender any other ways to puree the sweet potato?
actually if you cook the sweet potato till its' really soft, you can just mash it with a fork/spoon. Usually i dun use blender for sweet potatoes. If you wanna be more careful, push the sweet potato thru a sieve.

Frenchkitty

I did a comparison and found that when I fed my son Healthy Times Brown Rice cereal, he is ok.. but with Oatmeal, he gets heat rash around his neck and chin and behind the ears.

Dont know why?? Oatmeal more heaty than brown rice?

Juan

yup. If too thick, just add some water or milk to the consistency you want :)
Snowbear, my girl don't like the Healty time oat cereal. She refuse to eat solic again so I switch backto milk by adding brown rice powder (rabbit moon si sen) so make the milk thinker abit, she like this by bottle feed.

snowbear

Snowbear, my girl dont't like the Healty time oat cereal. She refuse to eat solic again so I switch backto milk by adding brown rice powder (rabbit moon si sen) so make the milk thinker abit, she like this by bottle feed.
Try introducing it again a few days later and see how. Maybe bb's already used to taking cereal from bottle so need time to adjust to eating from spoon?

Juan

Ok, will try. I only take care her during weekend. Her nanny feed her she refuse to eat also, so she stop spoon feeding her and ask me to start later since my girl is OK now. She already know crawling now :)

snowbear

Ok, will try. I only take care her during weekend. Her nanny feed her she refuse to eat also, so she stop spoon feeding her and ask me to start later since my girl is OK now. She already know crawling now :)
hmm, sometimes nanny may choose to feed by bottle coz it's easier than spoon feeding. Must try to spoon feed cereal otherwise next time harder to intro food if your bb's so used to being bottlefed food. Some more your bb can crawl already!!! :001_302: Time to bring in the spoon so your bb can explore new textures and experience new ways of feeding...

snowbear

it is OK she take 30minutes to finish her cereal? it is already cool...
yup... :) it's ok to let bb eat room temp food actually. You can give bb bit by bit? Scoop some out first, leave the rest in a baby food warmer to keep warm then bb can have constantly warm food to eat.