Cervical Cerclage

valwee

Hi Mummies,

I just had a miscarriage last nov 2012 n my son was born at 28 weeks. I'm preg at 8weeks now thus doctor recommended me to do the cervical cerclage. Anyone done this before? Can u share ur experiences? TIA =)

chloezxmummy

Hi valwee,

I was diagnose with incompetent cervix when I'm preg at 21 weeks. I had a cervical cerclage done on the very next day. It is a painless surgery and I recover in couple of days. I was given order by my gynae to bedrest in hospital as a precautionary measure. And so I spent the rest of my pregnancy bedrest in hospital until I reach week 34. My gynae then allowed me to discharge from hospital and continue to bedrest at home till I give birth to my baby girl at week 37. It is an emotion challenge to me and my hubby. But looking at my baby girl now, I really glad to have the cerclage and confined to bedrest.

valwee

wow, so u stayed in hospital for 13weeks? how about the hospital bill? isnt it expensive staying so long??
im hving brown spotting since 2 weeks ago, duno isit normal anot sigh

chloezxmummy

Yes, I stayed in Mt Alvernia hospital for 100 days. Total hospital bill (plus gynae daily visit) add up to almost $60K. I used $40K (max) from Medisave and the rest by cash. My gynae actually recommend me to stay in KK as the costs will be cheaper. My situation is more risky that's why I require to be bedrest in hospital. I do see patients who went thru cerclage discharged after one or two weeks in hospital. It all depends on your gynae. Mine is a 'no risk' doctor.
The success rate is high if perform cerclage at early weeks. Check with your gynae when would be the best to do the procedure and whether u need to bedrest (hospital or home) after this.
Brown spotting is not a good sign but you can take medicine (duphaston) to control it.
Have a good talk with your husband on this. U will need his utmost support to pull thru this phase.
If u need further info, pm me.

ladies, i'm very worried and paranoid about incompetent cervix complications. I'm sure it's all just in my head. Just to check, was your incompetent cervix diagnosed during routine check or just because you have a history of late term MC?

I had a hard first tri..with spotting and all.. actually still have pinkish discharge on-off now.. but doc says cannot explain..no polyps no scars, no whatever, and baby is growing healthy so just let it be unless got cramps or heavier discharge. Am now 19 weeks, and my next scan is 21 weeks (FTM!).

i should probably stop Googling these things and stressing myself.. but anyway, are there any warning signs i shd take note of?

valwee

ladies, i'm very worried and paranoid about incompetent cervix complications. I'm sure it's all just in my head. Just to check, was your incompetent cervix diagnosed during routine check or just because you have a history of late term MC?

I had a hard first tri..with spotting and all.. actually still have pinkish discharge on-off now.. but doc says cannot explain..no polyps no scars, no whatever, and baby is growing healthy so just let it be unless got cramps or heavier discharge. Am now 19 weeks, and my next scan is 21 weeks (FTM!).

i should probably stop Googling these things and stressing myself.. but anyway, are there any warning signs i shd take note of?
I hope u are better now, u should not feel any pressure weighing down ur pelvic. As though something gonna drop out..