Cesarean Dressing

wiwizz

Hi Mommies,

Ive just delivered my 2nd child via cesarean 1 week ago. Since then, i have never attempted to see the scar even when the nurses placed a new dressing prior to discharging me home.

I was told to self remove the dressing after 5 days and today my 5 days is up. I feel so afraid to see my own scar in the mirror. Any one felt the same way?

smallsmallhand

the scar is really very neat...i wore a bikini a month ago to go swimming with my boy who was 11months then and my fren asked me how come she couldn't see my scar :) remember to wear your binder as often as you can...it depends on the pain threshold of each individual...but for me, i hit the gym in my 5th week by walking on treadmill and then slowly increased the intensity. though i have cesarean, i wore back all my old clothes before my son was 3 months old.

wiwizz

the scar is really very neat...i wore a bikini a month ago to go swimming with my boy who was 11months then and my fren asked me how come she couldn't see my scar :) remember to wear your binder as often as you can...it depends on the pain threshold of each individual...but for me, i hit the gym in my 5th week by walking on treadmill and then slowly increased the intensity. though i have cesarean, i wore back all my old clothes before my son was 3 months old.
thank you for the quick reply.
im gonna remove the bandage tomorrow but afraid i might just faint when looking at it. afraid of seeing the staples, blood or bruises if any. i have been on disposable undies since the operation cos dont want to aggravate the incision further. Oh my post cesarean care is quite troublesome.

Amulet

It's not really that scary especially since the nurse has changed the dressing for u, the stitches has been removed.. Mine was a fine line, hardly visible.. N like smallsmallhand, it's cut really low, can't be seen wen I'm in bikini too!

wiwizz

It's not really that scary especially since the nurse has changed the dressing for u, the stitches has been removed.. Mine was a fine line, hardly visible.. N like smallsmallhand, it's cut really low, can't be seen wen I'm in bikini too!
Yes, i hope so too. Even when the nurse offered me to look at my own cesarean scar, i rejected. Lol!!! Thanks for the advice ;)