change in ds bowel pattern

chiro

hello:) my 3 month old ds did not poo for 2 days and poo on third day when i got anxious and gave him formula milk. This has been going on for 2 weeks, read somewhere that it is normal. Does this happens to your babies as well? We changed about 6-8 soiled diapers for him and he is happily and actively drinking milk. And showed no signs of kek sai.

oblong

hi chiro, is your baby breastfed?

jeff is breastfed. when he turned abt 3 months, his pooing habits changed. he could go up to 3 days without pooing. everyday, we will still change abt 6 -8 wet diapers for him. we monitored him. he was happily drinking with all his usual naughtiness. we took it that he was digesting the breastmilk well, hence not 'leftovers' to be passed out. :tlaugh:

chiro

hi oblong, yeah, i breast feed my baby most of the times. Phew, that means he is ok. I have been eating alot of bananas in a day hoping to make him poo ->monkey! Haha! Today he poo on his own when i breastfed him. These few days very happy when he poo, was so worried that i like a dog like that, sniffing his but every now and then haha. But realised that his poo is now in silent mode! Does not have sound one. Hehe. He also about 6-8 diapers, appetite still very big and wants people to carry him
hi chiro, is your baby breastfed?

jeff is breastfed. when he turned abt 3 months, his pooing habits changed. he could go up to 3 days without pooing. everyday, we will still change abt 6 -8 wet diapers for him. we monitored him. he was happily drinking with all his usual naughtiness. we took it that he was digesting the breastmilk well, hence not 'leftovers' to be passed out. :tlaugh:

Frenchkitty

Hi just came across this thread when I am researching for my DS' change in bowel pattern as well... usually, he will poo a few times a day or after every feed.. then when 2 mos old, slowly decrease to 2-3x a day...

Then now 3mos old, I notice this is the 1st time he hasnt pooed in 2 days... so was abit worried initially then now I read it is normal...

He is not straining (gek sai)... and has no trouble passing urine/ flatus and burping so I assume is normal

uddermummy

yup, it's quite normal. Dd used to poo 3 times a day, but recently she's started pooping once every 4 days.

And when she pooped, it was like wah, at least a few hundred grams of shit!

nancy

yup, it's quite normal. dear daughter used to poo 3 times a day, but recently she's started pooping once every 4 days.

And when she pooped, it was like wah, at least a few hundred grams of shit!
Does the shit smells different as compared to last time? My girl is now 3 1/2 mths old and starts to poo once a day and when she poos, the shit is bright yellow and watery and it smells very different from last time. Normal right?

chelle

My boy gg to 3 mths have not poo for 4 days! Getting worried, gave him water & prebiotics but does not help!

sunshinyday

hi chiro,

do you try taking coconut oil? i take 2 tbsps of it in the morning first thing on an empty stomach and she poos easily. i breastfeed my daughter till she is 18 months old now.

otherwise, eat more fruits, like strawberries, blueberries, green kiwi, fruit juices to make your bb poo.

cheers.
sunshinyday

sunshinyday

could also try a pinch of sea salt and molasses sugar in water. feed by teaspoon throughout the day to baby. my baby always poo poo when i feed her this.