Channel 5 - The Pupil - Sue MOE...

Daddy D

Alpha Male
The Pupil

"Episode Two: “Let The Right One In”
Dennis represents a pair of parents who are suing the Ministry of Education because their son is refused admission in their school of first choice. Wendy is assigned to work a case which no one wants to take on, in an attempt to make her fail at Roberts & Fong. She also reveals to her Aunty Kim the real reason why she came to Singapore to work..."

Should be next Thurs,Channel 5, 14th Jan, 8.30pm.
Saw the TV trailer...abt the parents completed Parent Volunteer but the kid not accepted...

Don't think I'll have time to catch this then... let me know how it turned out...
Just curious :)

meiteoh

Will do. I'm doing the whole series recording so no way I can miss this. :)

ps: Does anyone know if Mediacorp is selling DVDs of their English series? Am thinking of getting some titles.

joeyz

i missed the first series.. alas~ can someone update me abt it? It's quite an interesting series whereby it is all based on true stories/encounter..

meiteoh

The pilot episode is about this angmoh who skipped on his NS service. He had left SG coz of a fight with his wife (she sponsored his PR) and then upon returning to SG, got arrested at the airport. Turns out that he came back because his wife had their son (they were told that they couldn't have any children, fight, etc, etc, she told him to leave, he left and she found out she was preggers but didn't tell him, long story there). Long story short, he was found guilty and sentenced to 2 weeks in prison.

The side story is Wendy, the lawyer from M'sia (I found it irritating that the writers implied that M'sians dress like they are from the kampung) and niece of Harris Fong, the co-"owner" of the law firm. She was being followed by some fellas whom she suspects is tied to her father's disappearance.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Will do. I'm doing the whole series recording so no way I can miss this. :)

ps: Does anyone know if Mediacorp is selling DVDs of their English series? Am thinking of getting some titles.
Wahh... meiteoh... u Channel 5 fan ahh... power lahh u :)

Btw... u know what happened to the Survivor show on Fri nites?? How come dun have already?? Left me hanging... duh...

meiteoh

No la, I only follow a few like Sayang Sayang, Growing Up and now The Pupil. :)

Survivor? Dunno leh; all I know is that they stop airing it - I thought it was already the end of the season, no?

diymummy

Growing Up is a really Looooooooong series.

Some series I find lame... Like Red Thread. Saw a few episodes and gave up. So boring.

Haven't caught The Pupil. Hope it lives up to all its hype.

joeyz

The pilot episode is about this angmoh who skipped on his NS service. He had left SG coz of a fight with his wife (she sponsored his PR) and then upon returning to SG, got arrested at the airport. Turns out that he came back because his wife had their son (they were told that they couldn't have any children, fight, etc, etc, she told him to leave, he left and she found out she was preggers but didn't tell him, long story there). Long story short, he was found guilty and sentenced to 2 weeks in prison.

The side story is Wendy, the lawyer from M'sia (I found it irritating that the writers implied that M'sians dress like they are from the kampung) and niece of Harris Fong, the co-"owner" of the law firm. She was being followed by some fellas whom she suspects is tied to her father's disappearance.
U mean being a PR also have to serve NS? not that i know of.

diymummy

Yes, being a PR also has to serve NS. Unless you become a PR when you're past a certain age.

My Malaysian friends who became Singapore PR in their teenage yaers all gotta serve NS when they reach 18.

joeyz

Yes, being a PR also has to serve NS. Unless you become a PR when you're past a certain age.

My Malaysian friends who became Singapore PR in their teenage yaers all gotta serve NS when they reach 18.
waaa...like that might as well be citizen since PR got not much benefit and still need to serve NS. Geee