Charges related to pre-pregnancy test ?

mum321

Hi, I would like to find out the avearge charges for a " pre-pregnancy " consultation with a Obstetrics & Gynaecology Doctor.

I have recently had a Consultation with a doctor in a Private Woman's Clinic and was charged $330/- for a 15 mins consultation. The $330/- charges also included a "Ultra-sound" scan and also a blood test to detect if I have a Thelesemia trait.

Is the charges of $330/- high ? I am wondering. Anyone here can advise, pls ?

xiaodaisy

erm ... i never had so ex b4, mostly i went is free de .. cos b4 u sign for package dey would count u but not so ex, sometimes i went without taking medicine lah.. would be free loh still have scanning all tis but dont have a copy for mi to bring hm lah.. but free wan loh =) i tink is kinda ex leh

leey

not so high here,
as the government has spent most part on hospital services to local residents.

miffy

I had done mine last month at a gynae clinic for $228. It includes ultrasound scan, pap smear and blood tests.

diymummy

Those charges are really high.

Mine it wasn't a specific pre-preg test per say, but I did an ultrasound scan followed by a probe.

The ultrasound and consultation was abt $120 because it was first consultation. The probe was ex, abt $200+

Mine didn't have blood tests. Blood tests I took at GP clinic before my visit to the gynae. I also didn't do PAP smear. I only did PAP smear after delivery.