Cheapest Way to Call Phillipines

Libray2004

Alpha Male
Hi ALL,

Tried to do a search on the above topic but to no avail.

So, since we just engaged a new maid, we would like some advice / suggestions on the best / cheapest way for her to call back home.

PS: Currently, we do not have a residential phone line

Coelyn

i tink singtel Hi-card should b quite cheap alrdy~

Hi card is cheap and valid for 6 mths, can call anytime BUT u have to let yr maid own a personal mobile, which I don't like. My maid kept asking for a personal mobile but I refused. Her last employer sacked her cos she bought a mobile without employer's permission. Agt told me that household doesn't allow maid to own a mobile.

Alternatively, u can lend her yr mobile to insert Hicard. I hate maids chatting non-stop when their job are to look after our children, especially outside.

vinder79

Hi try using the singtel or M1 hot $128/130. THE IDD rates are cheaper and better.Other wise buy a phone card (local use) and a call back card she can use it on public phones and once she is done you can keep it till the next time you allow her to call.Same can be said for the top up cards.

Libray2004

Alpha Male
Hi Mummies,

Many thanks for the valued advice.

Any comments on the Kebayan Card? Understand the per calling rate is cheaper....any experience on this so far?

LoVeS

Hi card is cheap and valid for 6 mths, can call anytime BUT you have to let yr maid own a personal mobile, which I dont't like. My maid kept asking for a personal mobile but I refused. Her last employer sacked her cos she bought a mobile without employer's permission. Agt told me that household doesn't allow maid to own a mobile.

Alternatively, you can lend her yr mobile to insert Hicard. I hate maids chatting non-stop when their job are to look after our children, especially outside.
Actually if the maid can practice self discipline tat she only use the hp after her working time i tink it shouldnt be an issue~ I do let my maid use n owned hp sumore she even got 2 hps LOL~ I dun mind at all as long as it doesnt affect her working performance~:tlaugh: