Cheese - For 17 mths toddler?

lo-en

Hi all,

Need your advise.. Currently i'm feeding my 17 mths toddler cheese (cube type - on avg 2 cubes per day) is it okie?:tconfused:Will it be too much for her?

Thank you...

yakii

Hi all,

Need your advise.. Currently i'm feeding my 17 mths toddler cheese (cube type - on avg 2 cubes per day) is it okie?:tconfused:Will it be too much for her?

Thank you...
When my DS turn 2yr old is my 1st time introducing cheese to him which is the cube laughing cow cheese. I spread it on a piece of bread and he really enough it. So from then on, on alternate days my mum will spread the cheese for him for breakfast till now. But then i heard cheese is very highly in salt so we dun want to give him everyday.

vonn81

oh my gal just turn 1 yr leh, but i've given her 2nd pieces already...haf a day..so far not everyday i give. bought the kraft one...so cannot give arh??

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
lo-en said:
Hi all,

Thank you...
Yes, it's ok ... for the cubes type, I assume you are feeding him fondue cheese (laughing cow). My Seamus (2yo) now has been on this "titbits" routine since he turned 1 ... yes, he loves his cheese.
:wink: :wink:

yakii said:
When my DS turn 2yr old is my 1st time introducing cheese to him which is the cube laughing cow cheese. I spread it on a piece of bread and he really enough it. So from then on, on alternate days my mum will spread the cheese for him for breakfast till now. But then i heard cheese is very highly in salt so we dun want to give him everyday.
You heard this ... becoz most mummies feed their children cheddar which is indeed saltier than any other cheese.
If you're doing fondue, then you are fine ... even better, if you can intro stuff like brie or edam (which has even lesser salt content).
:biggrin: :biggrin:

vonn81 said:
oh my gal just turn 1 yr leh, but i've given her 2nd pieces already...haf a day..so far not everyday i give. bought the kraft one...so cannot give arh??
Not advisable if you are talking about Kraft cheddar ... the salt content (sodium) will be tough on the little one's system.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
vonn81 said:
i'm giving kraft hi-cal singles, not ceddar though...then was it ok??thanks
Erm ... as far as I know, Kraft singles (whether high-calcium or not) is cheddar cheese. Can you double check the label again?

If you want to continue with singles, I think another brand offer low-sodium (meaning low salt) ... can't quite remember whether I saw it in NTUC or Cold Storage though.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

vonn81

oh is it...okay okay i shall switch to laughing cow the cubes type... not the round packaging one right?? i was thinking of buying that but i realise the expiry dates are all quite near so wanna go to other outlets to check.

I'm also not comfortable with giving high salt food for my gal...:)

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
vonn81 said:
oh is it...okay okay i shall switch to laughing cow the cubes type... not the round packaging one right?? i was thinking of buying that but i realise the expiry dates are all quite near so wanna go to other outlets to check.

I'm also not comfortable with giving high salt food for my gal...:)
If you are using the cheese as bred spread ... then 1 piece of the round packing ones woul be just nice for a sandwich of 2 slices of bread.
If you are just feeding her cheese as replacement for tidbits (like I do with Seamus), then the miniature cubes (see my picture #3, from way above) would do just fine.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

lo-en

Hi mums,

Thank you for your prompt advise...

Ya, i were also worried about the salt content in cheese which is too much for the one.

Currently i was feeding the Laughing Cow brand cube cheese to my little one.

Thanks alot..