Chicken essence

hakisumi

Hi Ladies,

Just to ask, do you drink chicken essence before labour?
i heard something like before labour drink 2 bottles of chicken essence, what's the reason behind it?

hehehehe:Dancing_wub:

Lynnie

So that you have energy to "push". My mil asked me to drink before i went to the hospital (contractions were 5 mins apart then), but i didn't as i had coconut juice (felt very bloated) before that. In the end i didn't get to drink it, coz the nurses said "no water from now on, if u need, only sip a little".

angelwendy

So that you have energy to "push". My mother in law asked me to drink before i went to the hospital (contractions were 5 mins apart then), but i didn't as i had coconut juice (felt very bloated) before that. In the end i didn't get to drink it, coz the nurses said "no water from now on, if you need, only sip a little".

ya my sis when she wanna give birth also drink.. i think is give u the power to push ba..hee:001_302:

apple_san

Hi Ladies,

Just to ask, do you drink chicken essence before labour?
i heard something like before labour drink 2 bottles of chicken essence, what's the reason behind it?

hehehehe:Dancing_wub:
My MIL told me too. She said is to keep us alert with enengy during the labour.

joeyz

My mother in law told me too. She said is to keep us alert with enengy during the labour.
Hmmm.. anyone can verify whether is it effective? My hubby said to eat cod liver oil beforehand as it help easy delivering (being passed down by his grandmother. :p)

Another friend told me to open all the doors in the house before going to hospital for easy delivering. (old folk tales.)

Last edited:

JazN

can't be verified thou mine was normal delivery. if it comes to no harm to the baby it is alright. i took coconut juice & chicken essence

pink_daisy

Hmmm.. anyone can verify whether is it effective? My hubby said to eat cod liver beforehand as it help easy delivering (being passed down by his grandmother. :p)

Another friend told me to open all the doors in the house before going to hospital for easy delivering. (old folk tales.)
my mum oso said something abt opening things in the house b4 delivering but is not open windows, is to open the drawers in the house..mayb different dialect group..

karoru

din know chicken essence will help... i will try to remember to drink and not panic when i m in labour... lol

joeyz

can't be verified thou mine was normal delivery. if it comes to no harm to the baby it is alright. i took coconut juice & chicken essence
Ya.. tat's true also, no harm trying. I shall rember to pack some so as I can drink it in the labour ward. hehee... :p

joeyz

my mum also said something about opening things in the house before delivering but is not open windows, is to open the drawers in the house..mayb different dialect group..
Ya, everything with 'door/drawer' (e.g wardrobe door, windows) just open it up. That is what i hear from an auntie. Well, hoping & praying for smooth natural delivery, no harm trying all. :)

hakisumi

this is new to me...
open either drawer or window.. ok.. maybe can try.. anyway like to keep window open at times though.. as long dun leave hubby car door open... LOL
oh..in tat case.. i also pack chicken essence in my bag too
hehehe

uhohmommy

my friends and mother also advice to drink chicken essense.. say will give strength to push, and to help keep you awake.... some of my friends even drink 2 bottles for the extra boost! Think i'm going to try too.....

apple_san

sometime i was suspect whether is chicken essence really can helps or not. As a few time, I had one bottom cos I was sleepy during office hour but It's till dun make me feel alert.

hakisumi

sometime i was suspect whether is chicken essence really can helps or not. As a few time, I had one bottom cos I was sleepy during office hour but It's till dont make me feel alert.
hahaha.. depends on individual also i guess.. they say coffee keeps you awake.. my hubby can slp even if he had 1 before sleep.. infact he had almost 4-5 cups a day
i also heard if you headache, warm chicken essence might help if you dun wan to take panadol

woofy55

my dad also told me to remind my hubby to open up all the drawers when i go hospital.. hehehe...

so for chicken essence... can drink during any part of the pregnancy.. in my wk32 and sometimes i feel so lethargic.. can drink? anyway, i like to drink chicken essence, maybe one of the cravings also.. i don't know.. hahaha

joeyz

my dad also told me to remind my hubby to open up all the drawers when i go hospital.. hehehe...

so for chicken essence... can drink during any part of the pregnancy.. in my wk32 and sometimes i feel so lethargic.. can drink? anyway, i like to drink chicken essence, maybe one of the cravings also.. i dont't know.. hahaha
Dont knw how accurate but before i go hospital, i did open up windows, wardrobe doors, bedroom door except house door. hehee...

I didnt manage to drink chicken essense as my little one come unexpectedly. My whole delivery takes abt 4hrs+ though.