Chicken Pox

vion

Younger dd (5 yo) has kena chicken pox...confirmed today with doc. I opt to let her tk medications which will speed up the whole recovery process n lesser outbreaks.

Haiz.....oredi MIL's nagging tt shldn't let her bathe....but how to?? She tends to sweat a lot.....smelly n unhygenic if dun bathe ma.....pengz....

Wat do I really hv to look out for??? Of cos I asked to doc tis question, his answer was to him, nothing.....but to the old folks a lot of pantang things.....

I believe in keeping her comfortable n clean now. So I not abt to listen to MIL's theory of cannot bathe n cannot use fan. I more concerned with wat she can n cannot eat.....

Anyone has any tots abt meals to share???

deardar

hi vion

i oso wanna knw
my son kena chicken pox since last sunday
i was so panic din knw wat to do

i realised that he gets more thirsty & hungry easier

can sm1 advises pls ???

wat to eat ??
cant sleep with fan on & bathe right??

TIA

rjj

My boy kena too in June.... he still shower leh.... I think keeping clean is impt... anyway, even if i dun let him shower, he will still do it when i go work, he told me he cannot tahang, so hot & itchy....

So I told him, close window, make sure do not catch a cold and complicates the matter.....

It just breaks my heart to see the pox all over him.... but he is a brave boy, he got over it....

Immediately, we gave DS2 a jab, to prevent. Now, once DS3 is 1yo, we r gg to give him the jab too.... can't bear to see them suffer :(

i think if you see the doctor, he/she will give a liquid to act as soap for bathing instead of using the normal soap which is not advisable for chicken pox. And remember must dry thoroughly and carefully so as not to burst the pox.

vion

Hi juz to share.....

After dd took the medication to speed up the recovery, no new outbreak seen. Yes, to stay clean is really impt. Try to mk her more comfortable lor.

We stay away from dark sauces, nuts, chicken n anything heaty....Actually she din really hv appetite so most of the time is porridge. I oso gv lots of water n cooling drink (ling yang etc).

rjj

Hi juz to share.....

After dd took the medication to speed up the recovery, no new outbreak seen. Yes, to stay clean is really impt. Try to mk her more comfortable lor.

We stay away from dark sauces, nuts, chicken n anything heaty....Actually she din really hv appetite so most of the time is porridge. I oso gv lots of water n cooling drink (ling yang etc).
but doc told me no medication leh... the medicine is to reduce itch only :( then plus the calami lotion, apply until whole face & body white white lor....

Yes, no chicken, no dark sauces no nuts... no proof, but just follow... lots of water & ling yang... after 1 week, barley.... :)

vion

Oh the GP asked me if I wanna gv the med, I oni asked the pros n cons of the med n den decided to go with it. Cos my concern is tt dd dun suffer so much lor. It's in tablet form which I tink cost lesser. Of cos there r ppl who'll opt out of the med oso la. My GP at Vista Pt.