Child Development Credits

masayuki

Hi All,

The article is attached below.
Child with no CDA now will be given a CDA account with the credits.
But a call to MCYS has confirmed that there will be no dollar for dollar matching even if you do put money into the CDA.

Going to have a talk with Dr Vivian tonight at the meet the people's session.
Any one wants to join me or has questions to ask Dr Vivian?

It's tonight at the Cashew ward.

Cheers,
Uncle Samuel

The government is introducing a new Child Development Credits scheme to all Singaporean children aged six and below (born from 1 Jan 2005 to 31 Dec 2011), to help families with young children meet their expenses.

The government will give Child Development Credits from time to time to share surpluses. This is similar to the way that the government provides top-ups to Edusave accounts for school-going children and to Post-Secondary Education Accounts (PSEA) for students to use when they go on to tertiary education.

What can the Credits be used for?
The Child Development Credits can be used to pay for a child’s or his/her siblings’:
Fees at Approved Institutions which have registered with MCYS under the Baby Bonus Scheme:
Child care centres;
Kindergartens and special education schools registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE) or the Council for Private Education;
Early intervention programmes registered with the National Council of Social Service (NCSS) or the Centre for Enabled Living (CEL); and
Healthcare institutions licensed under the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics (PHMC) Act.
Medishield or Medisave-approved private integrated plans.

How much will children be getting?
The quanta of Child Development Credits will be tiered according to the Annual Value of the child’s home, as at 31 December 2010.

Children living in properties with an Annual Value of up to $13,000 will receive $400, while children living in properties with an Annual Value of more than $13,000 will receive $300.

Where will the Credits be paid to?
The Child Development Credits will be paid into the Children Development Account (CDA). For those who do not currently have CDAs, they will be able to open accounts to receive their Credits.[1]

For more information on Child Development Credits, please click here.

[1] The usage and withdrawal of the Child Development Credits will be subject to the current approved usage and withdrawal under the Children Development Co-Savings Act. Children who are not currently eligible for CDAs but are opening an account solely to receive the Child Development Credits will not receive matching government contributions for deposits made into the accounts.

Last edited:

masayuki

Met Dr Vivian Balakrishnan just now....
For Single mummies.... Do watch out for the budget goodies from MCYS later on in the day!
There will also be more top ups in future....
Do say thanks to Dr Vivian Balakrishnan for making policies that are child-centric!

It's all a step in the right direction!

If you have any email that gets sent to MCYS without a reply, he says to forward to him and it will be taken care of....
Anyone living in Holland - Bukit Timah GRC can also go to his Meet the People Session at Cashew if you have any issues....

Last edited:

Edwinie

finally! single mums are getting recognised and so are their children! i'm hoping that all the govt goodies for children with married parents will be on par with children of single parent. =)

Sher0220

sorry.. im gettg a little confused here.. i juz called mcys wanting to check on the application procedures for opening CDA for my gal to receive the new CDC, however, they are telling me that child with single mums are not entitled!!

i referred them to this article but they still advised me that i need to be legally married.. :bconfused:

masayuki

sorry.. im gettg a little confused here.. i juz called mcys wanting to check on the application procedures for opening CDA for my gal to receive the new CDC, however, they are telling me that child with single mums are not entitled!!

i referred them to this article but they still advised me that i need to be legally married.. :bconfused:
That's not true.... what's the name of that staff? I'll inform the minister if you want....

Sher0220

That's not true.... what's the name of that staff? I'll inform the minister if you want....
i didn’t get the name of the person I spoke to.. hmm.. maybe I will try calling again tomorrow.. or maybe I will make a trip down personally.. or any1 here can advise how to apply? Cos im still blur after reading from ocbc/mcys websites..

do I hv to obtain the baby bonus kit from hosp, submit FormBB, and wait to hear from mcys whether my child is eligible? I understand this is the usual way but not sure if it works the same for single parents..

masayuki

i didn’t get the name of the person I spoke to.. hmm.. maybe I will try calling again tomorrow.. or maybe I will make a trip down personally.. or any1 here can advise how to apply? Cos im still blur after reading from ocbc/mcys websites..

do I hv to obtain the baby bonus kit from hosp, submit FormBB, and wait to hear from mcys whether my child is eligible? I understand this is the usual way but not sure if it works the same for single parents..
No need to.... they will send you a letter to open the account....

Hi masayuki
in regards to the CDA, from my understanding, single mums' children dont get CDAs. I've tried applying for one when i enrolled my child in pre-school last year to pay sch fees thru giro. the sch informed me that i cant apply even when i informed them that i will top up the account with my own $$. the sch requested that i pay by cheque only.
unless the gov changed the system recently??? pls do keep me posted if there is any change in this. tks :)

kindbear91

i've received the letter but then need the signature of the father.. oh well, i would rather forsake the $400 then getting his signature..
hi .. i dun think need father signature .. cause the letter only write yor name :) so no worry .. single mummy can get also

hapieger

already got the letter. both parents details are printed and need signature.. but not sure is it ok to leave the father's signature part blank..

oo .. why go put his detail ? maybe cant get
they got the info from the birth cert i guess.
however i called up and they said that if is not married, then no need to get the signature, just leave it blank. thats the same for divorcee.

i mailed in with my signature only. so far no problem

fizahkamis

Hi All,

The article is attached below.
Child with no CDA now will be given a CDA account with the credits.
But a call to MCYS has confirmed that there will be no dollar for dollar matching even if you do put money into the CDA.

Going to have a talk with Dr Vivian tonight at the meet the people's session.
Any one wants to join me or has questions to ask Dr Vivian?

It's tonight at the Cashew ward.

Cheers,
Uncle Samuel

The government is introducing a new Child Development Credits scheme to all Singaporean children aged six and below (born from 1 Jan 2005 to 31 Dec 2011), to help families with young children meet their expenses.

The government will give Child Development Credits from time to time to share surpluses. This is similar to the way that the government provides top-ups to Edusave accounts for school-going children and to Post-Secondary Education Accounts (PSEA) for students to use when they go on to tertiary education.

What can the Credits be used for?
The Child Development Credits can be used to pay for a child’s or his/her siblings’:
Fees at Approved Institutions which have registered with MCYS under the Baby Bonus Scheme:
Child care centres;
Kindergartens and special education schools registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE) or the Council for Private Education;
Early intervention programmes registered with the National Council of Social Service (NCSS) or the Centre for Enabled Living (CEL); and
Healthcare institutions licensed under the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics (PHMC) Act.
Medishield or Medisave-approved private integrated plans.

How much will children be getting?
The quanta of Child Development Credits will be tiered according to the Annual Value of the child’s home, as at 31 December 2010.

Children living in properties with an Annual Value of up to $13,000 will receive $400, while children living in properties with an Annual Value of more than $13,000 will receive $300.

Where will the Credits be paid to?
The Child Development Credits will be paid into the Children Development Account (CDA). For those who do not currently have CDAs, they will be able to open accounts to receive their Credits.[1]

For more information on Child Development Credits, please click here.

[1] The usage and withdrawal of the Child Development Credits will be subject to the current approved usage and withdrawal under the Children Development Co-Savings Act. Children who are not currently eligible for CDAs but are opening an account solely to receive the Child Development Credits will not receive matching government contributions for deposits made into the accounts.

Hello there. I m a single mother. N I just gave birth 2 weeks ago. And I wish to know how do I apply. Thank you.