Child's first insurance policy

JoyBliss

I think I'm starting to see your point now :)
Do you mind sharing the caveats when it comes to ILP, beside the non-guaranteed?
And when selecting ILP, do you also considered the establishment of the insurance company? But giants companies come and go now, I'm not sure what to look out for now.

jiaqing

I think I'm starting to see your point now :)
Do you mind sharing the caveats when it comes to ILP, beside the non-guaranteed?
And when selecting ILP, do you also considered the establishment of the insurance company? But giants companies come and go now, I'm not sure what to look out for now.
For ILP, make sure you dont sign on any fund switching form before hand.
If you do fund switching any fees incurred. Check what the benefits.
If you decided to buy, make sure you read the policy from head to toe if still dont understand you must ask. There is a 14days free-look. If you want to cancel, within the 14days you can cancel and get FULL refund.

Make sure your agent do a regular review with you. Like every 2-5yrs. If you do it every year, you will not see the growth then if drop you start to panic. You must treat it like a long term investment also.

I got a frd who got a ILP for her son, every year she will ask to do a review and use her son's Hangbao $ to do a single premium top up. :)

For me I would think, dont shop for company, shop for agent. :)

deelady

Stonston, is your financial adviser an independent one?

Because for eg, my agent is from Pru so he only discusses the different options that Pru has. My ex-agent is an independent one but she resigned. She cannot offer me products from the big 4 agencies, ie Pru, GE, AIA and NTUC. But she offers me and does a comparison for me with other companies offering insurance eg HSBC, AXA.

So far I've not be able to find an agent which is from a big 4 and does a comparison for me with all the big 4 companies.
hihi,

I'm personally from GE and have read through this forum.
My team have came out with a comparison table of the big 4, if anyone of you need it, can PM me, i will send to u =)

and yes getting protected through medical insurance is the most impt step of all. =)

deelady

Hey people,

I can speak for Great Eastern Plan being slightly on the higher end.

It's because we cover for experimental drugs, most cancer treatment uses that, it's expensive it's good just that's it not being made in large quantity to distribute to market.

the drugs for breat cancer "herceptin" try googling it.

comprehensive-ness is that what u looking for?