Chinese herbs / tonics to consume during confinement

suzanne

I came across this 30 days confinement herbs package @ parenthood fair this year, brought it for my sister's confinement. it is "mummamia confinement" if i rmb correctly, they prepacked it to boost breast milk, nourish blood and expel wind, blah blah blah.
quite convenient for her, hope it helps

busymama

I am expecting my second child. During my first confinement, I found that eating lots of ginger and glutinous rice wine (the red yeast kind) is helpful and good.

diorly

U can buy from any medical hall.. I got my dried seafood supplies and confinement herbs from this shop at bugis. They will provide a list of things for you. It is just opp Guanyin temple.. I usually buy my bird nest there.. its cheap.

Kokura

Hi,

May I know how cheap is cheap? Everybody seems to recommend this area. I am thinking how about Chinatown??? There are tonnes of traditional medicinal halls too.

U can buy from any medical hall.. I got my dried seafood supplies and confinement herbs from this shop at bugis. They will provide a list of things for you. It is just opp Guanyin temple.. I usually buy my bird nest there.. its cheap.

diorly

Girls.. Cannot anyhow eat tonics during confinement.. Like for example, Dang gui, black fungus is better to be consumed when your lochia is beginning to lessen. Because black fungus helps to remove the lochia, you will see alot of blood clots come out.. but do not consume excessively. Dang gui is for 'bu' the blood, so consuming dang gui after your lochia has finished is more effective. If baby has juandice, pls refrain from ginger n rice wine. For boosting breastmilk, u can eat plenty of 'hai sheng', dried scallops, peanuts, black beans, green papaya, fish etc. I own a confinement nanny agency, so nannies imparted a lot of knowledge to me whenever we chatted.