Chit Chat for MTB in 1st trimester

chrish

hey ladies..

started this thread for chatting anything under the sun for anyone in 1st trimester..

This is my 1st time being preggy and im nervous..sometimes, i still do not believe that it's a positive on the hpt!

It's like sometimes i don't really feel anything then MS comes and goes..craving for salty and spicy/sourish food..

chrish

Thanks Xiao Daisy! How many children you have? What would you recommend a MTB in 1st trimester to do/not to do? :)

xiaodaisy

i'm expecting my #3 baby now .. =)

during 1st trim , most impt is to rest well and be extra careful as its not stable yet ..

r u coping with morning sickness? is everything fine for u ?

chrish

wow! 3rd bb! Peifu peifu!

I've been trying to rest as much as i could..do you feel annoyed over small things when in 1st trimester? Im feeling like a 'mama-to-be-zilla' these days..barking over small things :embarrassed:

MS is ok for me i don't really feel too much just queasy feeling and a tad bloated sometimes..but i found that i like to eat salty/sourish/spicy foodstuffs more than sweet stuffs..

zaclin29

I find that I get irritated or pissed off for no reason too...
No major MS at all... Just a little bloated...

After I started taking folic acid, I have terrible constipation (have not released myself for 5 days now) :embarrassed:.. Anyone with similar problem?
I ate yogurt and drink prune juice every night but it is not working!

Another bizarre thing, my hunger pang will just come out of nowhere and I need to find food IMMEDIATELY otherwise I will get agitated. So far, the hunger will strike at the same time (9am, 12pm, 6pm)... So I must make sure that I have food on hand when it strikes...

Anyone has similar experience?

chrish

Zaclin29,

try drinking more water and adding more fibre rich food in your diet maybe helps? YEs! I have hunger pangs too! Odd hours and have to eat means have to eat..can't wait..will get annoyed abt anything and anyone! haha..the wonders of being preggy..My timing different but somewhat every 2-3 hrs! Try to munch on some biscuits, dried fruits, fruits or water/milk..it works for me..so far ok..manageable :) how many weeks are you? Scan already?

zaclin29

Zaclin29,

try drinking more water and adding more fibre rich food in your diet maybe helps? YEs! I have hunger pangs too! Odd hours and have to eat means have to eat..can't wait..will get annoyed abt anything and anyone! haha..the wonders of being preggy..My timing different but somewhat every 2-3 hrs! Try to munch on some biscuits, dried fruits, fruits or water/milk..it works for me..so far ok..manageable :) how many weeks are you? Scan already?
I feel that I've been drinking really alot of plain water... this excluding milk and prune juice....
So far, I dont snack in between meals and I find that eating biscuits or fruits doesnt help... haha... i must eat a full meal...
It's like telling me "Hello! It's lunch now.. Why are u giving me biscuits only?!"... haha

Im abt 6wks now.. Going for my scan on 9Jan....

How abt u?

chrish

I feel that I've been drinking really alot of plain water... this excluding milk and prune juice....
So far, I dont snack in between meals and I find that eating biscuits or fruits doesnt help... haha... i must eat a full meal...
It's like telling me "Hello! It's lunch now.. Why are u giving me biscuits only?!"... haha

Im abt 6wks now.. Going for my scan on 9Jan....

How abt u?
Oh i see..if it's still constipated, consult doc and see what he/she advice..i've read that it's very common in 1st and last trimester..Some docs prescribe 'luctus' or something like that to let poo easy. Haha..no choice..things to do for our bbs..no choice lor..if really hungry can't starve mah ahaha..

im in my 5th week..my 1st scan and doc appointment is on 5th Jan :) Will the 9th be your 1st doc appointment as well? have you told your family abt the good news?

zaclin29

Oh i see..if it's still constipated, consult doc and see what he/she advice..i've read that it's very common in 1st and last trimester..Some docs prescribe 'luctus' or something like that to let poo easy. Haha..no choice..things to do for our bbs..no choice lor..if really hungry can't starve mah ahaha..

im in my 5th week..my 1st scan and doc appointment is on 5th Jan :) Will the 9th be your 1st doc appointment as well? have you told your family abt the good news?
ya read that doc will give lactose syrup to poo easy..
yes 9 jan is my 1st doc appt...
I only told my MIL & a close colleague... I got no parents & didnt tell my siblings (cos they got big mouth & dun want them to spread ard) :p
I will only tell them after 3 mths..

xiaodaisy

wow! 3rd baby! Peifu peifu!

I've been trying to rest as much as i could..do you feel annoyed over small things when in 1st trimester? Im feeling like a 'mama-to-be-zilla' these days..barking over small things :embarrassed:

MS is ok for me i dont't really feel too much just queasy feeling and a tad bloated sometimes..but i found that i like to eat salty/sourish/spicy foodstuffs more than sweet stuffs..
don worry .. normal to be annoyed , i also will , by little things i get cranky alrdy haha !

glad ur coping well with MS =) just eat moderate watever u like will do ~

chrish

ya read that doc will give lactose syrup to poo easy..
yes 9 jan is my 1st doc appt...
I only told my MIL & a close colleague... I got no parents & didnt tell my siblings (cos they got big mouth & dun want them to spread ard) :p
I will only tell them after 3 mths..
I see..i've not tell any of colleagues but just immediate family :)

chrish

These days experienced dizziness, i wonder if it's my diet which is lacking iron...

Cos i don't eat pig liver, what other food is rich in iron?

xiaodaisy

These days experienced dizziness, i wonder if it's my diet which is lacking iron...

Cos i don't eat pig liver, what other food is rich in iron?
beef or lamb oso works , do feedback ur gynae on dizziness =) during pregnancy , we might have alot of health problems we nvr have before , so just be careful and take care of urself =)

chrish

thanks xiao daisy! I'll be going for my 1st scan /appointment this thursday so will feedback to doc :) BTW, happy New year 2012:Dancing_wub:!

xiaodaisy

thanks xiao daisy! I'll be going for my 1st scan /appointment this thursday so will feedback to doc :) BTW, happy New year 2012:Dancing_wub:!
tat will be tml den=) rest well ya !

happy 2012 to u too =) enjoy ur pregnancy :Dancing_wub:

chrish

went scanning the day before and heard heartbeat for the 1st time (the beats 'donk donk donk donk donk' went so fast!) as well as saw a tiny small blinking figure..it's kinda amazing!!!! :)

xiaodaisy

went scanning the day before and heard heartbeat for the 1st time (the beats 'donk donk donk donk donk' went so fast!) as well as saw a tiny small blinking figure..it's kinda amazing!!!! :)
tats good .. did u feedback gynae ? taking iron pills ? =)

chrish

Yes he said can take if i want to :) So i've got a multivit box from the pharmacy and will try to take it every other day